Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this makes us current at 9-16-15.

Comment

so this next couple posts catches us up to today.

and then

had this thing opened back up to drain the pocket of infection inside.

Comment

this brings us up to Oct 4th.

it is time that i get serious about lifting again and get into better shape. 825 pounds of iron, exercise station, bowflex, dumbbells 10 thru 90 pounds, etc ought to do it. i am MUCH MORE MOTIVATED having it right here at home in front of my face as i will not take time out to go to a gym. at all.

got this full exercise station for free.99 from a co-worker who just wanted his garage back. SCORE!!!

had the dumbbells and Bowflex's for awhile.

got the bench with bars and 255 pounds first, used it one evening (all the weight was 300 pounds and was repping that for set of 10) so time to find more iron. which i did the following day. i havent lifted free weight iron since 1999, so this will be VERY REFRESHING!!!!! i did once about 4 months ago or so just to see how much i could lift with a bar, as using 90 pound dumbbells and doing 38 reps is ridiculous.

and battery tray stuff finished. internal kill switch with rod actuated, PLUS a cable actuated from the driver seat as well. i HATE getting in the car and its not on. THIS shall not let that happen again.

Comment

AAAANNNNDDDD, i removed all of the crushed moles per request

sorry if you feel this is littered with BS non-race car content, but maybe you can understand why the car is going slowly, due to life and other stuff happening.

i cant really get down to work on the car but Saturdays now, and i do every chance i get.

thank you for your patience, if you are so inclined to like what i do.

oh yeah, also ran the awd car on Sept 13th. missing 2nd gear still made 10.2x @ 146ish. broke that trans as well. that was the RS2 gearbox i had sent from over your side of the pond BTW. 1-2 gear/syncro stuff yet again. i am officially out of 01E trans's to ue and break, so i am going to be putting the dogbox back in and maybe push it for that 8 second pass i always wanted. i think i am past breaking rear diffs, hopefully anyways, as i now weld it solid. the side and spider gears were the issue thus far.

~Aaron

Comment

Thats one epic update set of posts, hopefully your're recovering now! Just got through all the posts, jealous of the hot tub
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Jetta rear brakes. Had the parts for like almost 2 years? Finally took the time.

Launch time.

Shutoff switch stuff.

Tripped on the unfinished deck in the dark. Oh joy. Got more banged up but this is the best haha

And I am tired of breaking 01E stock trans every time I go out so this goes back together now.

Comment

Comment

moved the wheel wells/fender arches forward 4/5 inches (staggered front). the three pix of the car, the first one is stretching the entire nose, makes it look too long. the second pic is normal stock. the third pic is arches moved forward, looks better IMHO and more modern like E36 BMW.

borrowed a B4 90 that is headed to the scrappers to make and detail out the fender work. much easier to build on a car that is all stock for alignment and all.

Comment

i had to do the driver side twice, made it 4" but didnt take into account the stagger.

also, the kitchen sink was wifeys b-day present, surprise while she was away. she didnt like the sink that came in the house soooo..... lol

Comment

• rebuilt one of the stock trans's i killed 1-2 shift hub/syncros on from the year (went 9.69 @ 148 on it though!) so i can work on my Vertigate style inline shifter. i should have that thing done in short time. but i need a smooth shifting trans with no issues to dial it in and make sure it all works before it goes in the car.

working on my inline shifter i am building. spending a little time on this lathe i bought and hardly ever use. i cant wait til i have a real shop with a real lathe and mill!

and working on the removable front end on the chassis car.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

• shifter checkin.

getting some strength back now that i have the whole gym in my office.

not too shabby for the first pass of the night on a stock trans. 9.69 @ 148 thought i missed 4th lifted for a split second. broke this trans and the last 01E spare the next track day. 1-2 syncros, already rebuilt this one.

testing the power rack now that i can go heavy without fear of crushing myself. baby steps lol.

then i decided just to try and see how heavy this felt, i never really intended to try it i dont think. muscle memory took over once it was in the air and before my mind could catch up i was already pushing it back up. was messy but i got it. it was Dec 28, 1998 the last time i pushed over 400 pounds. its coming back a lot faster than i had expected.

someone loves being around me, doing what i do, and getting in the way sometimes.

weasel update.

nice winter day

how i made my doors removable quick.

and yesterday (Nov 25), i went for an old personal best lift. last time i pushed 415 pounds was December 28, 1998. after all the recent repairs to my body, i feel pretty good that it did not take me forever to get back to it. it was a much cleaner lift than the 405 from a few weeks ago too.

Comment

• I think this thread should have more pics.
                          Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

• ok Jyrki

one pc front end ****. doin fiberglass. redoin fiberglass (not happy with it). made plugs of the headlights, hated them so i handed it off to my buddy who made molds of the headlights first and will make some parts from them.

one pc front end removes with 10 dzus buttons OR just the hood removes with 12 buttons. 4 go across the windshield when it is in lexan and will dzus to the window/tabs itself.

extended the carbon fiber hood ~4.5" or so with fiberglass, to hit the windshield. fixed the broken tips (it came off 034/Christians race CQ) and then reshaped the weird tips on the fenders to flow better with the hood being longer.

made flat stock sheet on glass to close up the entire front end.

working on stiffeners for the hood proper.

have to replace rockers anyhow so i formed up some ideas and have chosen the one, it looks best.

got my 3/4 slider finally, so i can reassemble the dogbox for the AWD car, and beat up on it next season!

Comment

• suppose an update is in order? more pictures for Jyrki.

more front end work, and fuel cell. i was hoping to do an integrated AWIC core and reservoir like the AWD car, but i really dont think thats going to happen in the space left to me. so now i gotta start thinking about remote reservoir. grrrr.

Comment

• pushed myself even further on the iron therapy, and benched 435, two separate times. that is 197+ kg for you guys over there.

stupid elk are back.

these annoying beasts.... in the back yard, wrecking fences and stuff.

one of the other long term project cars i am doing. Corrado with CQ drivetrain Quattro, 01E and 40v 4.2L Audi V8 from C5 A6. going to be a street car and maybe hillclimb race it.

but back to the new car pictures.

Worked on the one pc front end mounts.

Daughter turned 21 in Feb so no more child support. So I bought my first ever brand new car. Well for my wife. 2016 Audi Q3 Quattro, Prestige, Sport package, fully loaded every option. What the hell, never did it before so why not.

Full rebuild on a B5 s4 01E trans. For the Corrado project car.

Now time to work on the rockers. They were beat to **** so I designed and had formed replacements.

Now need to brake up the lower fender pieces that cover the rocker extensions and give a place to mount two dzus wires to finish the mounting points for the front end.

Got a new layshaft for the dogbox, now it's ready to go back in the car.

Made it 5 speed this time in case I want to run half mile event. Gearing and tires put it at 208 mph topped out. Don't know that I am ready for that but what the hell.

Had to notch the body for the Inline shifter linkage. So i had to fill in the hole.

Passenger side rocker work.

A random sunrise shot or three.

Comment

Working...
                                X