My sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Surely coolant temperature is highest in the head where most heat is transferred?
    Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
    How is it circulating?
    You have removed / bypassed the system needed to pull it back through the block via the water pump. The key word in that term is pump i.e. it pulls liquid/fluid from one region and pushes /pumps it through to another region.

By having a feed in the block and then having the return in the cylinder head , you are not doing anything as it is the same system - feed. You need to focus on the return.

There is a reason alot of enthusiasts/amateurs fry CHRA's in turbochargers and that is due to in-properly routing coolant feed & return lines.

Get the return on the pipe running along the side of the block from the back of the water pump and you are golden.

I think The circulate would not be the Problem, but its not good to put the warm Coolant back in the head. Your solution before the water pump is also not good because of the warm Coolant.
    So i bring them back to the original Version, it will be the best.
    But Thanks for help.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
      I think The circulate would not be the Problem, but its not good to put the warm Coolant back in the head.
      No it is not , which is exactly what you are doing.

Your solution before the water pump is also not good because of the warm Coolant.
      So i bring them back to the original Version, it will be the best.
      But Thanks for help.
      That diagram is misleading / inaccurate.
      The water pump cavity on the block has an outlet for coolant return POST thermostat. The "in" from the radiator is pre thermostat.

With reference to the diagram you posted , look @ the auxiliary water pump. This is what completes the loop between the thermostat bypass pipe and the upper coolant flange.

are you running a heater core and after run coolant pump or not?
      Issam N. Abed
      iABED Industries
      iABED Email | Facebook
      The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
        No it is not , which is exactly what you are doing.

That diagram is misleading / inaccurate.
        The water pump cavity on the block has an outlet for coolant return POST thermostat. The "in" from the radiator is pre thermostat.

With reference to the diagram you posted , look @ the auxiliary water pump. This is what completes the loop between the thermostat bypass pipe and the upper coolant flange.

are you running a heater core and after run coolant pump or not?
        No i dont have a heater core but there is a pipe instead of it and a after Run pump like orginal.
        Orginal the Coolant from the turbo flow to the Radiator and with your System in back from water pump it gets a Mix from turbo and Radiator, so the warm Coolant flows not to the Radiator.
        Why this should be better, because of more Flow?

Comment

No i dont have a heater core but there is a pipe instead of it and a after Run pump like orginal.
          Orginal the Coolant from the turbo flow to the Radiator and with your System in back from water pump it gets a Mix from turbo and Radiator, so the warm Coolant flows not to the Radiator.
          Why this should be better, because of more Flow?
          if you are not using the heater core loop then it becomes rather simple. Simpler if you delete the auxiliary/after run coolant pump.

This is how I am doing my set up , allthough I am running a water cooled wastegate , the principle is the same.

Radiator feed to engine:
          - OEM , direct from bottom of radiator to the side coolant flange on the block. Silicone hose connection.

Turbocharger:
          Coolant feed :
          - (1) Frost plug @ the rear of the block converted to 6-AN - This will be turbocharger coolant feed
          - (1) Frost plug @ the rear of the block converted to 4-AN

Coolant return:
          The thermostat bypass pipe in the block has been converted to a Stainless steel hose w/
          (1) 1/2" Barb
          (2) M14 female SS boss.

Coolant return from turbocharger:
          - (1) 3/8" hard line running around the side of the cylinder head , over the bell housing and around the block connecting via braided line to a 6-AN male female fitting. This will connect to (1) of the M14 bosses via an M14 x 1.5 to 6-AN adapter
          - (1) 1/4" hard line running @ the front of the cylinder head , under the camshaft gear , over the alternator and into the second M14 boss via braided line and M14 x 1.5 to 4-AN adapter

This completes the turbocharger feed and return loop.

The 1/2" barb on the thermostat bypass pipe is to complete the cylinder head loop when the thermostat is closed. So you will have 1/2" radiator hose connecting from the 3B/AAN water manifold to the thermostat bypass pipe. You can also tie in your after run/Auxiliary pump here.

As for the Upper radiator return - same as the feed i.e. OEM hose (silicone / rubber/whatever)

HTH
          Issam N. Abed
          iABED Industries
          iABED Email | Facebook
          The build thread

Comment

New Adapter for the mechanic fuelpumps in the tank

Fuellines are 90% reday

Comment

Fence for the Clutch pedal
              and her my New brakes. The are from mercedes M with 350x32

Centering from mercedes was 1mm smaller then s2

Comment

A fair bit of fab work going on. Fuel pump machining looks good
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I will install a manometer to See if the return flow is enough

Comment

Solid engine mount

Wheel Adapters

On the front wheels 2cm more track width.

And i started with the rims, from j6,5 to 8,5. But it takes more time that i thougt. For the First one need 4h [emoji20]

Lathe wos to small[emoji15], so i go to the milling maschine

Comment

• You've got a big garage at the side of your house.

Nice work. Photos of the car in due course should be cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                        You've got a big garage at the side of your house. [emoji14]

Nice work. Photos of the car in due course should be cool.

No but a good Chef[emoji4]

Comment

• And penetrate them to See holes

Comment

• Originally posted by hammer View Post
                            Danke. Schon probiert ohne?
                            vibrationen ohne ende und erhöhte last auf den hauptlagern.
                            Audi Coupé Quattro 20V

Comment

• Rims are ready with 245/40/17 semis.

Comment

• Also get my new ecu. I order a link g4 + extrem and get a vi-pec v88[emoji4]

Comment

Working...
                                X