No announcement yet.

My sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the rod need machine work? Was it too wide for the Honda pistons?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
      Why did the rod need machine work? Was it too wide for the Honda pistons?

Yes, pistons have 24mm at the inside and Rod 25mm

Comment

• What will the modification to the oil pump do? Reduce cavitation?

Comment

What will the modification to the oil pump do? Reduce cavitation?

Yes.
          With this modification i can go up to ~9000rmp.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammer View Post
            Yes.
            Cool! Is this a stock s2 pump? What about tdi pumps can they be used? Have you done this before or where did you learn about it.

Comment

• [QUOTE=diesel des;875804]Cool! Is this a stock s2 pump? What about tdi pumps can they be used? Have you done this before or where did you learn about it.

Yes, very interested in this to.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammer View Post
                Yes.
                Also interested!
                Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Cool! Is this a stock s2 pump? What about tdi pumps can they be used? Have you done this before or where did you learn about it.

Yes this is a tdi pump, its cheaper (130,-) and i dont ned the point for ot.
                  In germany runs a s2 with this modification up to 9000 rmp without any prob and to friends of Mine also make it so

Comment

• This is very interesting thanks for the information. Your pictures are good but to be sure we haven't missed anything can you list exactly the work that is required to do this to the pump please. Cheers :thumbup:

Comment

You just have to close the oil retrun in the pump and make a hole in the block. You dont ned the pipe that i make but then you have to make the hole in an angle to the sump, that the oil can not snape the crankshaft

Comment

• I can see what has been done to the pressure relief valve. I thought this might cause excessive oil pressure resulting in hydraulic lifters being "pumped up" and a subsequent loss of compression on specific cylinders. I presume the second part of the modification , the pipe drilled through the block draining to the sump remedies this? A few more photos or explanations would be great if you are able to Hammer. I also could be so wrong!
                        Last edited by jsol; 6 October 2015, 10:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsol View Post
                          I can see what has been done to the pressure relief valve. I thought this might cause excessive oil pressure resulting in hydraulic lifters being "pumped up" and a subsequent loss of compression on specific cylinders. I presume the second part of the modification , the pipe drilled through the block draining to the sump remedies this? A few more photos or explanations would be great if you are able to Hammer. I also could be so wrong!
                          With this modification you dont get more oil pressure!
                          The pressure relief valve is the oem.
                          And you dont ned this modification when you drive hydros, because you can go over 8000rmp with them.
                          just with Solid lifters

Michael

Comment

• How did you fix the electric steering column to steering rack?

Comment

• Originally posted by hiloran View Post
                              How did you fix the electric steering column to steering rack?
                              Welded it to the original Part who is bolt-on the steering rack. But i don't have a pic of this.

Comment

• Will even a stock unmodified tdi pump rev to 8k rpm without problems? Do you use an Audi part or another manufacture when you buy these.

Comment

Working...
                                X