Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80q b4 2.2 20vt project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Part nr. and link are few post up.

    Bought a pair of 2.6 avant hubs, carriers and driveshafts, but didn't receive the driveshafts because seller thought CV joints are busted and threw them away

    Does someone know are the rear shafts same size/thickness/splines on 75/82mm and only difference is the CV joint or not?


    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

    Comment


    • Well done Thuppu

      This is my favorite 80 !!!

      Jim
      Jim Hunter
      ------------
      1972 911S (sold)
      1987 930 RUF BTR (sold)

      Comment


      • Thanks Jim

        I got a sick idea of buying A4/S4 big 38 spline hubs and fill weld the 5x112 pattern and rebore to 4x108(as I don't wan't to buy new wheels and fronts yet.). Then machine off a little bit from the hub bearing surface and fit BMW 42x75x37mm wheel bearings.

        Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

        Comment


        • Rear hubcarriers with hubs for 82mm bearings should be searched from 80 B4 Avant. I have seen even 2.8 Saloon US version with 82mm bearings at rear. Such hubcarriers are not very rare parts in my place (compared to any S2 parts which are just impossible to find)

          Rear outer CVs from B4 Avant and S2 Avant/Saloon are the same: they have 38 outer splines and 25 inner splines.

          OEM 4x108 hubs for rear 82mm bearing have following options except native ones: front 80 V6 hubs 8A0407615B (+10mm offset each), front 90 B3 7A hubs 893407615F (+5mm offset each).

          8A0407615B are very easy to find, 893407615F are not.
          Last edited by _ShurikeN; 13th June 2018, 18:11.

          Comment


          • Just found those 8A0407615B hubs, but outch, that +10mm offset will not gona work with my wheels.

            Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

            Comment


            • Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
              Rear outer CVs from B4 Avant and S2 Avant/Saloon are the same: they have 38 outer splines and 25 inner splines.
              What about inner CVs? Are the bare shafts the same on S2 avant and 82mm regular avant?

              1989 Audi 80 Quattro
              1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

              Comment


              • Shafts are different, inner CV of S2 has 28 splines (108mm), inner CV of regular Avant has 33 splines (100mm).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                  I got a sick idea of buying A4/S4 big 38 spline hubs and fill weld the 5x112 pattern and rebore to 4x108(as I don't wan't to buy new wheels and fronts yet.).
                  Why not. I've hold in hand a hub with similar work performed (vise versa, because most do want 5 holes instead of 4) and it was good. Orbital welding also does the job. I know a man driving with re-welded hubs surface for the sake of bolt-pattern swap.

                  Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                  Then machine off a little bit from the hub bearing surface and fit BMW 42x75x37mm wheel bearings.
                  I'm thinking of similar update for my coupe rear drivetrain to get big CVs. The longer shaft is not an issue: one of front S2 shafts will do the job. But the shorter rear shaft has to be custom made. I have seen some swedish company was making such custom shafts.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                    Shafts are different, inner CV of S2 has 28 splines (108mm), inner CV of regular Avant has 33 splines (100mm).
                    Ok. But all bare non S2 sedan/avant rear shafts are the same? Like 2.0 and 2.8 sedan/avant?
                    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post

                      Why not. I've hold in hand a hub with similar work performed (vise versa, because most do want 5 holes instead of 4) and it was good. Orbital welding also does the job. I know a man driving with re-welded hubs surface for the sake of bolt-pattern swap.



                      I'm thinking of similar update for my coupe rear drivetrain to get big CVs. The longer shaft is not an issue: one of front S2 shafts will do the job. But the shorter rear shaft has to be custom made. I have seen some swedish company was making such custom shafts.
                      Theese guys makes custom shafts
                      Fixit Transmission som är en del av Fixit maskin och verktyg AB, vänder sig till motorsportutövare som kräver det lilla extra.
                      Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

                      http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                        Ok. But all bare non S2 sedan/avant rear shafts are the same? Like 2.0 and 2.8 sedan/avant?
                        I have held in hands rear shafts from ABK Saloon and AAH Avant: they were different.

                        Comment


                        • Inner splines only or just thickness?
                          1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                          1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

                          Comment


                          • Splines diameters for outer CVs were different. Photo of Avant shafts: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...74#post1275674

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X