No announcement yet.

80q b4 2.2 20vt project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know, seems to do the job. Just needed something that shows over 2 bar, and also wanted the vacuum area.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• For few months I have been driving without the oil cooler, as my stock AAN cooler started to to leak a while back. It was badly corroded so I didn't try to fix it, just replaced it with an hydraulic hose loop. Today(payday ) I was loking at our local motorsport shop outlet web pages and there was an Setrab 10-row oilcooler for the half price(tested in a customers car = used) so I had to go and buy it. Soon the summer is here, and maybe some trackdays, so this oilcooler thing needed to be fixed. Quite fine quality compared to those china coolers.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
        Today(payday )
        Waiting for nearest Tuesday too )) I will proceed with buying stuff for the engine build. But time occurs to be more valuable resource.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Alexander, what is your plans with the engine?

Same here, time time time, not enough of it... and this takeing most of it atm... New transmission(used), new fuel tank, new windscreen, new tyres, new paint job etc...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Plans for the engine are very modest, Thomas. Nothing fancy, boring bone-stock 3B so far.
            Nevertheless it is beyond my previous expectations: in the end of winter I put a n/a 20V 7A into the car hoping to drive out quickly and have fun assembling a turbo engine on the table slowly, but the 7A happened to knock a little, so I decided not to repair it but rather assemble a new engine. Not sure yet, whether it was good idea or not, let's see in summer.
            I'm assembling the motor from scratch, buying all the stuff piece-by-piece. Don't know why I have chosen that way, it may be silly )

Just trying to do my best in providing maximum build quality I can afford, hoping the motor will last well and will be reliable 350hp capable. I have near-RS2-size watercooled Garrett with KKK-hotside and some KKK bits for hybrids assembling efforts.

Comment

• BMW E38 is a very nice car BTW. I like it best of all large saloons but i'm afraid I would not be able to afford keeping one

Congratulations with paintjob. A great milestone. Hope to have my car painted someday.

Comment

• Small thing done today. De-cat pipe done finally. The cat cell shown some marks of too hot conditions so it was good to swap it, so it is safe to fit and use for MOT.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Katsastus Will like that, im gonna do the same thing
                  Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

• Yea But it's good to do if you plan to use launch control or als a lot.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Sooo, I decide to make a new "de-cat" pipe... Valve works with boost, opens at about 0.5bar. Got it fitted and took the car for a testdrive, 3rd gear WOT and it overboosted and Vems cutted it quite aggressively and blowed the 3rd gear. So it seems that the 3" dump had some effect. Maybe the old exhaust was restricting some, as now it overboosted so easily..?

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​

https://youtu.be/kG72vJuQVFs

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your gearbox. Can you measure back pressure with valve opened and closed up at the turbo turbine exit?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have the same valve on mine. But its a 2.5” instead. I run 3.5” all the Way Down to the fuel tank Down size to a 3” milltek resonanted the valve is just before the milltek on the 3.5” pipe
                          mine gave nothing orher than Sound

allso be aware i did bend mine a bit. Forgot to open it when i did some lc settings

Comment

• Btw mime i vacuum version

Comment

• Des, have to make an adapter to fit in the second lambda thread. Will see...

My exhaust is only 2.5". DP from turbo is 3,5" then it tapers to 3" and again before the flex to 2,5".

Have a spare 01A trans waiting, but also a 01E... but it would need a bunch of other parts.
                              Last edited by Thuppu; 14 May 2018, 22:03.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by s2dk View Post
                                allso be aware i did bend mine a bit. Forgot to open it when i did some lc settings
                                This opens automaticly at ~0,5bar boost, so can't forget about it. LC sounded quite violent, and you could feel it in your butt.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X