X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds very good thomas.....
    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• Some small things have been done. Clear side repeaters and new wiring for them. They where not working, and that was because there was only 30cm cutted wires inside the fenders. Fitted also a 2kg fire extinguisher in the trunk. At least a small chance to get the car saved if it tries to burn, as you never know about these oldies.

Recieved also a carbon competition lip.

There is also a small problem. In 70-80kmh steady speed I get a VrrrroouhVrrrroouhVrrrroouhVrrrroouhVrrrroouh... sound. First I thought that it comes from the wheels, but the sound disappear when I press the clutch and the drag stops. Could it be the prop shaft bearing?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Competition lip fitted. So small thing but gives quite a lot of agressive look. I'm very happy with the outcome, even that the bumper is quite an frankenstein with extension after extension.

Edit. Sorry for these crappy photos, my phone camera just gets worser and worser, there is so much dust behind the lens glass.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
          Today I had an opportunity to meet a S2Forum member. _ShurikeN(Alexander) and his wife was visiting me, and we had quite good chats about these cars, and of course of lot of other things too. It was very nice to meet and I hope the rest of their holiday in Finland goes well.
          Hi Thomas.
          It was a real pleasure for me and my wife to have a talk with you. It exeeded our bravest expectations Thanks for you hospitality and time from both of us. It is a great experience to see how they make all that automotive hobby affairs in Europe. Pretty high quality and professionalism level for personal amateur projects. Quite impressed. Katya was also very pleased with personal communications. Best regards from her.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by _ShurikeN; 4 July 2017, 22:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
            Hi Thomas.
            It was a real pleasure for me and my wife to have a talk with you. It exeeded our bravest expectations Thanks for you hospitality and time from both of us. It is a great experience to see how they make all that automotive hobby affairs in Europe. Pretty high quality and professionalism level for personal amateur projects. Quite impressed. Katya was also very pleased with personal communications. Best regards from her.
            And likewise. Please tell her my regards.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I havn't had any problems with the brakes, but anyway I ordered e38 4-pot Brembo calipers and 324x28mm Ford Focus RS mk1 discs. Some refurb work needs to be done before use.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• If you still have no adapters - here's a thread with cad drawings of the ones that I'm using http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59995

Comment

• Thanks. I will try them, only need to lasercut a pair. Looks that I only have to use shimms to get the caliper et right. I had missed that thread, even that I tried to use forum search of these calipers.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• And here is afterburner's sketch with sligthly modified sizes for 314mm disk. That's a discussable option.

Comment

• Thanks Alexander. Two piece discs are just too expencive for the moment, and already bought Focus RS discs. But what brake hoses do you guys use with these calipers?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                        Thanks Alexander. Two piece discs are just too expencive for the moment, and already bought Focus RS discs. But what brake hoses do you guys use with these calipers?
                        I have converted my brake system to AN3 fittings and hoses:
                        - calipers have M10x1 to AN3 adapters
                        - brake master cylinder has M12x1 to AN3 adapters
                        - hoses are stainless braided PTFE with reusable AN3 stainless hose ends.

Over the hoses I use shrinkable tubing with glue - that way no water or dirt gets in the stainless braid of the hose.

I really like AN3 as you can disassemble and reassemble it multiple times with no damage and when tightening you get a very positive feeling when it's tight.

All stainless means also no rust and no stripped nuts and bruised knuckles when swapping my smaller winter brake setup (smaller brakes for the smaller studded tyres/rims) to the summer one (728i brembos with Focus RS discs).

Cheers!

Comment

• I was initially intending to use Audi 314x25 solid discs but accidentally came across 2-parts rotors designed for S2 precisely. Bracket with my sizes works well with the 314x25 disc. My mate has been daily-driving a car with such setup for a long time already.

Long story short, solid brake disks from Audi А6 (4F, C6) 314x25 4F0615301D or 321x30 4F0615301E can be used. They are 5x112 and have Audi centre hole: re-drilling them to 4x108 may be easier for somebody than enlarging centre hole of FF-RS disc. Just an option.

Comment

• Cheapy way for the hose is any rubber one of 220+ mm length. I bought Corteco 19018506 so far. BMW saves the world http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...12&postcount=2
                            But braided lines are way better of course. Dreaming of building all that stuff of stainless too.

Comment

• Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                              Cheapy way for the hose is any rubber one of 220+ mm length. I bought Corteco 19018506 so far. BMW saves the world
                              Not bad, only 4€/piece, thanks.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                              X