No announcement yet.

80q b4 2.2 20vt project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have used an original bosch coolant temp sensor then use the default bosch patch from vems setting. That should be more accurate. A reading of 98 99C may start getting vems to overfuel as part of safety so make sure the coolant calibration is correct. In fact get a laser temp gun to doublecheck

Comment

• Yes, downloaded the defauld coolant patch with the new firmware, but it could be wise to check the temps with an laser gun. Anyway I'm using aftermarket fans on this and they are connected in the high power output. The stock fan sensor mode2 switch point is something like 102-92C. I bought a 92-82C switch and now it starts the fans at 98 and stops at 95, so its little better now.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Did a small drive with the car. Few things to resolve before more driving. The brake pedal needed quite mutch force to press, then I realised I havn't connected vacuum to the brake booster. Need to get a check valve for it, and I will also use a vacuum accumulator. I first was thinking of an electric vacuum pump, but I'll try first with the accumulator.

Also the brake fork need to be longer. The pedal sits too low now. The A8 booster has a shorter shaft than orginally. Already machined a threaded extension part for the fork. Secured with a weld.

Then another problem. My windscreen vipers don't work. Is there some usual place on these B4's to check that can cause this?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Could you please tell me the part number of this switch? ( 92-85 )

Comment

• I just connected my brake booster with a check valve to the intake. No accumulator. Works great.
            1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
              I just connected my brake booster with a check valve to the intake. No accumulator. Works great.

here also no problems with vacuum without accumulator or vacuumpump
              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Originally posted by Newmember View Post
                Could you please tell me the part number of this switch? ( 92-85 )
                Bought a second hand, Facet 7.5626.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
                  I just connected my brake booster with a check valve to the intake. No accumulator. Works great.
                  Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post

here also no problems with vacuum without accumulator or vacuumpump
                  Ok, great to know it works. Vacuum pump is then unnecessary. My PKKM team member Tempo with Typ85 told that on trackday his vacuum was just enough, maybe some feeling that pedal was going hard in some cases, so I bought a A8 accumulator from ebay, did cost 28 euros incl shipping and has 0000 stamped on it.

Also couldn't find any check valve today, so I was thinking of to use VAG valve 07C133529A. Have to ask on Monday if the dealer has it in stock.
                  Last edited by Thuppu; 18 March 2017, 16:14.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Instead of VAG 07C133529A the same can be achieved by Vaico V10-2519 or Zikmar Z68317R

Comment

• Yes, also Topran 113898 would be the same, but as I couldn't get any of those fast and cheap locally, so I did buy an 30e OE valve.

Got the brake booster working today. Made a hose-nipple to fit on the booster and the check valve, also got the A8 vacuum accumulator and got it fitted with minimum mods. Only one extra hole drilled in the bracket. Did a small testdrive and the brakes are very powerfull.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• 30e for OEM valve 07C133529A I paid for the same one OEM brand new 11,55e .....
                        why you didn't install vacuum accumulator under left side wing ? or even under right side wing if you have activated charcoal canister removed ...
                        space under the bonnet is never too much

Now I'm thinking is this original RS2 vacuum accumulator under left side wing
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Yea, we have stupidily priced VAG dealer parts here. A Topran valve would have been 2,8 euros from Spareto, but shipping 18 euros, so no point in ordering without any other parts.

There is nothing in that corner so no problem with space, I don't have plans for superchargers or anything , and everyone can ask what the hek that is?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I use a Forge one way valve, works great

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forge-Moto...wAAOSwa39U01L-
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Hey. What brand intercooler is that? Looks that someone has actually thought about cooling air, compared to usual styles.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandman1111 View Post
                                Hey. What brand intercooler is that? Looks that someone has actually thought about cooling air, compared to usual styles.
                                It's non branded china intercooler. This one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120994910597

Nothing special happend here. Havn't had any time for the car lately. But hopefully will go on dyno soon...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X