No announcement yet.

80q b4 2.2 20vt project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you have 60-2 trigger? Shouldnt it start from the back 5-4-3-2-1? Or i have misunderstood something in the past.
    1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
    *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
    1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

• I have the 60-2 trigger in place, but not in use yet. Trying to start it up with Auditriggers. Vems ecu would need a harware mod to change from VR to Hall.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Lol, my old Vems setup, again totally different. Wasn't factory PnP ecu though.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• For the 1.8 mat sensor you need to know if your vems came with the hardware for it. If not it won't work.

Comment

• I'm not sure about it, but I got the sensor with the ECU package I bought. The sensor was also already modded to fit the IM.

Now all outputs are measured and checked and these are now the right ones.

Still no start, but a couple of times it sputtered. Does this triggerlog look alright to you?

Don't know about the injector settings either. Dead times are not availble for these. They are EV14 580cc@3bar, and I'm running AAN 4bar fpr, so flow may be ~670-680cc.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Whoever sold you the edu should be able to help you start the car. When we order an ECU we let our engine parameters be aware to the developer/seller and the ECU will come with everything that is needed to start and run. Only thing to do is check the timing with a gun to make sure of vems calibration. If the package was sent as you say, then it should have the 1.8t hardware. For that just choose the default IAT and it should work fine.

As why it doesn't start speak to whoever sent the ECU. They would know how the injectors have been set up as well as triggers.

Finally the size of the injectors is relevant to use for the req_fuel number. The deadtimes and battery compensation is secondary and if you don't know it it's not that important, as you have a default alternative. If you do find out those numbers of course it's more refined.

Sorry, I never went that deep into making use of the trigger logs, so I don't know how to interpret them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                I'm not sure about it, but I got the sensor with the ECU package I bought. The sensor was also already modded to fit the IM.

Now all outputs are measured and checked and these are now the right ones.

Still no start, but a couple of times it sputtered. Does this triggerlog look alright to you?

Don't know about the injector settings either. Dead times are not availble for these. They are EV14 580cc@3bar, and I'm running AAN 4bar fpr, so flow may be ~670-680cc.
                Not expert on sensor signals.How many signals do you have in that log?I can see at 1 sec interval a large white signal shape shows on the graph.That should be the camshaft position.Some smaller voltage signal in that 1 sec interval marked blue should be what?The crank sensor?

Other thinking method i can use now.If you crank speed is 200-300 rpm/min,your crank singal should be 3.3 times/sec 5 times/sec.Seems blue signal could be the cam signal?Could you log the 1 sec mark larger?Again,i am not expert on signals and osciloscopes,but maybe using logic will help you.And meanwhile an expert might have a look

Now i see you have 9 blue signals in almost 1 sec white interval.Something i do not understand.

Comment

• Damn I hope to see this fire up.
                  Where did you get the ECU from?
                  Could you post a screenshot of your fuel settings ?
                  You do have spark and fuel at this time correct?

Comment

• about the iat sensor,maybe this will help you thomas
                    http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...Page%2FBillman
                    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                      Whoever sold you the edu should be able to help you start the car. When we order an ECU we let our engine parameters be aware to the developer/seller and the ECU will come with everything that is needed to start and run. Only thing to do is check the timing with a gun to make sure of vems calibration. If the package was sent as you say, then it should have the 1.8t hardware. For that just choose the default IAT and it should work fine.

As why it doesn't start speak to whoever sent the ECU. They would know how the injectors have been set up as well as triggers.

Finally the size of the injectors is relevant to use for the req_fuel number. The deadtimes and battery compensation is secondary and if you don't know it it's not that important, as you have a default alternative. If you do find out those numbers of course it's more refined.

Sorry, I never went that deep into making use of the trigger logs, so I don't know how to interpret them.
                      I bought the ECU used from a guy who had it on the shelf for few years, never in use. So can't get any help frm there, but I know who had it before that, so will ask about the IAT/MAT sensor thing. Injector and ignition outputs are now measured and tested and all are working and give signal to right place.

Reqfuel is calculated with 4bar perssure flow @670cc injectors, gives ~3.2 Tried some EV14 deadtimes I found from the net.

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
                      Not expert on sensor signals.How many signals do you have in that log?I can see at 1 sec interval a large white signal shape shows on the graph.That should be the camshaft position.Some smaller voltage signal in that 1 sec interval marked blue should be what?The crank sensor?

Other thinking method i can use now.If you crank speed is 200-300 rpm/min,your crank singal should be 3.3 times/sec 5 times/sec.Seems blue signal could be the cam signal?Could you log the 1 sec mark larger?Again,i am not expert on signals and osciloscopes,but maybe using logic will help you.And meanwhile an expert might have a look

Now i see you have 9 blue signals in almost 1 sec white interval.Something i do not understand.
                      Crank speed was something like 150rpm/min with plugs in. I'm not sure about these, no expert with trigger things, but I use Divby27 so 135tooth/27 = 5, and two crank revolutions = 10. Seems that the cam masking works, other wise there would be a secondary signal every 5 thooth.
                      Blue is crank flywheel tooths, and white is crank home signal. It looks to me it is right, but as I told I'm no expert with these.

Originally posted by afterthought View Post
                      Damn I hope to see this fire up.
                      Where did you get the ECU from?
                      Could you post a screenshot of your fuel settings ?
                      You do have spark and fuel at this time correct?
                      I will take a screenshot later today. Explained other earlier in this message.

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                      about the iat sensor,maybe this will help you thomas
                      http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...Page%2FBillman
                      Thanks Nick.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• It's some years ago but I remember I also couldn't get my engine running on the stock Audi triggers so I got the 60-2 seal and the e engine is running perfect since.
                        1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• I have just first seen this thread today so just catching up sorry if I am asking stupid questions.
                          So you bought the car non running with AAN Harness already spliced in place? Was it running before with VEMS or AAN Motronic ECU?

If it was running with AAN you Should have the proper fuel pump relay then. If the wrong relay is in place you might have power to fuel pump but not injectors. (in that case you would see an injector pulsewidth in VEMS but its not actually doing anything in the car)

When you first install the VEMS there are two wires that you swap on the VR magnetic sensor that reads your Crank pin. Did you recall swapping those? If not you will get extra "noise" from that signal.

On VEMS I remember you need the ECU to see at least the following for it to trigger a start:
                          *crank position
                          *cam position
                          *ECU needs to see 13 RPM or more

When I can't get my car to start I usually run back to the basics. Compression, spark, fuel. Quick and easy to check for spark and fuel (if you said it stumbled once maybe you are past that point). If its the first time attempting start since the swap maybe take a look at all your grounds and stuff just to be sure the problem is not something outside VEMS. Sometimes I have to go all the way back (is there fuel in the tank ETC)

At also could be that the car is trying to start and has the proper inputs but you are too rich or lean.
                          Do your signals (coolant temp, rpm etc,) look normal? I couldn't really see from the pic. For example without a coolant temp plugged in it would default to being super rich with the warmup enrichment.

is VEMS pulsing the injectors?
                          Look at injector pulsewidth and maybe injector duty cycle. Also that req fuel number will need to be in a decent range, Req fuel on my car with smaller injectors for example was somewhere between 4.7 and 4.9. I think with bigger injectors your number is pretty close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post

Crank speed was something like 150rpm/min with plugs in. I'm not sure about these, no expert with trigger things, but I use Divby27 so 135tooth/27 = 5, and two crank revolutions = 10. Seems that the cam masking works, other wise there would be a secondary signal every 5 thooth.
                            Blue is crank flywheel tooths, and white is crank home signal. It looks to me it is right, but as I told I'm no expert with these.

Thanks Nick.
                            Im no expert either but compared with mine it looks OK

Comment

• Thanks for the hints. Yes, bought it with full AAN harness, with no engine in place. Car has been running with stock AAN Motronic before. Crank pin sensor wires are swapped. Some fuel in the tank but quite old, car has been standing for a while. It gives spark, and seems to give some fuel as engine stumbled couple of times. Coolant temp seems to be 31C degrees in the pic and cluster rpm gauge has some movement(rises in VEMStune). There is one thing I will go and check right away. Will report soon...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• 80q b4 2.2 20vt project

I just had exactly the same issue with a Maxxecu on my Pin swapped 3B failing to start with the AAN base map. I sent the Map to Jonus and he changed the trigger settings in some way. It may be because the hall in dizzy works differently to the one behind the cam gear? I knew the car was ok because it would start and run on motronic.
                                Last edited by newsh; 13 March 2017, 09:55.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X