No announcement yet.

A6 Nogaro Blue TDI restomod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was is the right word, now they are impossible to find. They have a valve which is activated at around 1800rpm which changes the mount stiffness.

Comment

Originally posted by radi_nrj View Post
      However I plan to get rid of the stock K14 6707 and replace it with K16 6711 from Audi 100 2.5, it should be a direct swap. I already bought the K16 but still wonder what to do with it, just rebuild it or upgrade it with a billet compressor wheel.
      You can also use K16-6721. It's much bigger turbo than K14-6707. Compressor and turbine side.
      We used this turbos at Fiat Uno Turbo years ago :-D

My father has this turbo in his Uno, running around 150hp but more is possible...

Very robust turbos, do the upgrade to Billet wheel!

I hope you check the chassis next to the steering rack, is offen broken at the V8 under the "enforcement" sheet.
      Can look for pictures when you need.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks Acki, I already have one rebuild 6711. it is getting ridiculously hard to maintain those cars, could not find the turbo mounting kit in Bulgaria so I'm waiting for it to be delivered from Latvia...

Got the new turbo hoses.
        Last edited by radi_nrj; 23rd February 2018, 10:54.

Comment

Got everything delivered and now the turbo is installed but still boost only to 0.3Bar. Now we have to check everything, MAP, N75, and all the vacuum lines.

Comment

We have Boost

And one more grapgh from 1000rpm

I did a log from 2000 to 4500rpm and you can clearly see how laggy those old engines are, I floor it on 1900rpm and it still spools till 2500rpm

It was all fun and games for several days tull yesterday when I've noticed white smoke when I accelerate, and this morning 300mL of coolant were missing.

Now I have another upgrade on my mind - ARP studs and MLS gasket

Here I was cougnt in action while fixing a friend's UrS6 wiring.
            Last edited by radi_nrj; 12th April 2018, 17:32.

Comment

I did a 0-200 test and the results look pretty good for 1.7ton car with heavy 18' wheels and tires (the tires are Pirelli P7 225/45 RFT).

Also did a smoke check, it looks pretty smokeless for a remapped AEL which is good

Last edited by radi_nrj; 18th April 2018, 08:22.

Comment

Working...
              X