S2 Avant -93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antsa View Post
    Finally got all the bushings out. Abs sensors also out from the hubs, in a million pieces of course Parts ready to be sandblasted Also new bushings are on their way from AK Motorsport, cant wait to install them!
    All looks in good condition.

Did you have your auxiliary radiator specially made?......and details?

Comment

Still in the snow.
      Audi S2 Coupe - parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
        All looks in good condition.

Did you have your auxiliary radiator specially made?......and details?

Actually previous owner installed it, no idea if its specially made or some sort of general rad. I'm guessing the latter, as its a little wider and it doesn't have any of the stock securing points. I can measure it for you if you'd like to

Comment

I can measure it for you if you'd like to
          It's ok, I was just curious if you'd had it made and who made it.

Comment

And one more pic.

The interior is blue, which was not too clear from the previous owners for sale advertisement photos. I don't know if that would have kept me from buying this car if I noticed it before traveling 300km to have a look at it I'm not a fan on the color, but it's not in too bad shape for a nearly 300 000 km driven car. Just a small tear on the drivers seat. If the color stars to bother me, I might have it reupholstered. But we'll see. Or maybe track down some recaros...

The car has rieger rs2 replica front bumper. Of course I learned this after I bought it. Not sure if I like it either. But I'll leave it for now
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm partial to an S2 Avant,it looks like a good car and project. Keep up the good work.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Finally some of the nice stuff. Painted the wheel bearing housings, upper wishbones and the brake shields. I used an industrial grade epoxy primer and for top coat I'm going for polyurethane paint. The combination should be tough enough for car chassis as its used on steel bridges, industrial outdoor tanks and so on.

Bushings and new bolts have also arrived, I can wait to assemble the rear end back to together with all new pieces. Definitely the best part of any project
                Attached Files

Comment

So May is approaching, winter is fading (finally) and something small happens with this project every week. Finally painted all the chassis parts. Notice how my sauna turned into a paint drying oven Also changed the broken lock engaging fork and the seals from the rear diff. Next up will be putting it all back together
                  Attached Files

Comment

So May is approaching, winter is fading (finally)
                    Lucky you there in Finland. It was snowing at us today as well.

It must be nice to have a sauna to warm bones after working with the car outside.

Comment

Oh yes it's nice. Not the best though, electric kiuas in a few square meter room. If I only had a sauna stove that burned wood, it would be a lot nicer. Fortunately I have one at my summer cottage!

Comment

Finally my Audi back on its wheels Chassis rebuilt w/new bolts and freshly painted parts. Only things that I am missing from complete rebuild are new brakes and suspension (I know the rusty parts look terrible next to painted ones). I will buy and install them once i have the money The hardest part was to bend & properly align the new brake pipe that goes up and around the subframe. Took me a few practice runs but it was worth it.

Also installed and aligned the propshaft. I will have to see how my homemade prop aligning tool worked when I take the car for a spin. Just have change one more CV boot from the front, install the exhaust system and take the car for MOT.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Brake pipes look neat and tidy. Good luck with MoT
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                            Brake pipes look neat and tidy. Good luck with MoT
                            Thanks man! First time I've ever bent those

Been a bit too lazy updating this thread. But finally passed MOT. Had a couple of stupid things like blown turn signal lamps and front fog lights facing too up. Also my rear fog light was not working, but it turned out to be a problem in the switch.

Today I did a pressure test for the boost hoses. The car has felt very lazy ever since I bought it and now that I've passed MOT, I thought it was time search for the fault. I made a DIY style plug to the MAF hose with a tire valve to feed pressurized air to the hoses. Very soon I found out that my hose right before throttle body had a major crack. No wonder the performance was pretty bad
                            Attached Files

Comment

The throttle body hose is one of those that frequently splits. Its worth getting a roose silicone item instead
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                              X