No announcement yet.

S2 Avant -93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also a good thing it blew up on my driveway and not on the highway at 120km/h!

Comment

Now that the centre console is off, I decided to tidy up the switches. Before they were not in line with each other and it bothered the **** out of me I've had spare switches for a couple of months and I decided to make my daughters nap time some use. Last picture also shows my recent discovery of previous owner(s) messes.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Is that mess because they couldn’t get the connector to reach or something?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

It's still a mystery why someone did that. The cables have plenty of reach, but it was very hard to make switch fit into the center console with those extension cables

Comment

The S2 is alive! Finally managed to fit the new steering rack in place, reinstalled the brake booster and master cylinder and bled the brakes. Took a short drive with the car and everything seems to work as it should Now it's time to drive the car and start saving some money for the following parts And sorry for not taking too many pictures!

Comment

Little update:

The cable extensions on the rear foglight switch is because the switch does not fit to the connector at the cable harness. The switch I have is 4A0941563A and I should have 893941563, ordered the correct one now

And I still don't have too much heat coming from the vents even though the flaps in the AC box are renewed and the heater matrix is relatively new. I have to double check that the heater flap moves freely and have to bleed the matrix once more. Hopefully that will solve my issue.

Comment

Been driving a few weeks now and discovered that the prop support bearing (that I've changed less than a year ago!) gave up on me. I have fitted the febi bearing that is meant for bmw, but I guess that bmw parts dont work in Audi I had terrible whining at 20-40kmh. Fortunately forum user valjo supplied me a new bearing and whining/whistling is now totally gone Just have to make a diy prop align tool to make sure the prop will be straight.

I also have heat now. Turns out that the coolant level has to be right, or else you wont have any coolant flowing through the matrix. Stupid rookie mistake

Comment

Not much have happened past few months but here's something:

First pic shows cracked front bumper. Got a little too excited about the winter and icy roads and here's the outcome Should have driven more carefully. I have ordered a S2 bumper to replace the current RS2 one. I also have bought all indicators, foglights and grilles. Just waiting for the bumper to come and I can start fitting.

Had a little coolant leak from the coolant temp sensor for the AC unit. Just a new o-ring and job done.

The car also had another leak from the power steering hose. I thought that just replacing the banjo connector washers would do the trick but after opening the connection it was clear that new washers would not be enough. Picture shows major scratches at the bottom of the banjo connector. So I had to get some new hoses made by local hydraulic shop. Also replaced the pump to bomb hose at the same time

While at it, I decided to clean the hydraulic reservoir thoroughly. Walls of the reservoir were full of greyish sludge which suggested that the reservoir has never been cleaned. After some brake cleaner plus toohbrush and dish brush the reservoir is much better.

After fitting everything back to together the car is leak free for now. I also have bought new billet rear coolant outlet nipple, so that's what I have to change next.
                  This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

I am really enjoying your thread as you are doing all the things that I have on my 'to do list' on my Avant.
                    I take my hat off to you working on your car outside in those temperatures!
                    I have a garage, but am too soft to work in it at the moment as its too cold for me. Only -4 in there yesterday!
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks man It is not a pleasure to work outside when it's -20deg outside but I kinda have to if I want car back on the road A warm garage is a must have in my next house for sure.
                      Last edited by Antsa; 16 March 2018, 11:29.

Comment

Bumper arrived a while a ago and today I had a little time to start fitting the grilles. A Dremel is a nice tool to have. I glued the old RS2 bumper together and took the car for MOT two weeks ago. Passed with no advisories
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I ordered bigger rear brakes (from B7 S4) a few weeks back, and I started sorting all the little things that needs to done before fitting. Being a bolt on upgrade there is really nothing more to do than those dust shields. Here in Finland we have to have those fitted in order to pass MoT. B5 Rs4 dust shields would have been one option to use, but being hard to find and ridiculously expensive I decided to make my own. I have zero experience in fabrication so outcome is not very pretty I just have to paint them black and hope they are enough for MoT.

Hopefully I can place an order for bigger front brakes and KW v3 in next few months. My plan is to remove all the underbody sealant from the wheel arches and then redo them.
                          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Your home made dust shields look pretty good to me. I'm also upgrading my rear brakes to S4 B6. I have the dust shields from that car and I'm going to try and adapt them. Let you know how I get on.
                            How did you get on fitting your group buy RS manifold? I'm tempted (but broke).
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hieno homma, looking good removing the underbody sealant is not fun, just did it on my my but it is worth it when its all done
                              Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                                Your home made dust shields look pretty good to me.
                                Thanks man I had to use some very DIY style tools to make those. Fabrication can be fun if you have the proper equipment. And skills I have been looking some pics/videos about making exhaust/intake manifolds and I am just amazed how good someone is at fabrication.

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                                How did you get on fitting your group buy RS manifold?
                                That manifold will be collecting dust a long time I will fit it once I rebuild my engine. I just bought it when I had the chance to get that group purchase discount.

Originally posted by Filip_FIN View Post
                                Hieno homma, looking good removing the underbody sealant is not fun, just did it on my my but it is worth it when its all done
                                I bet that is not a very pleasant job. What tools did you use for removing?

Comment

Working...
                                X