S2 Avant -93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post

Do you know by any chance if the fog signals and turn signals are the same on the rs2 fender , those that are fiberglass ? Not the original fenders.
    And if they are different do you know perhaps the OEM numbers on them ?
    If by fenders you mean bumpers, S2 and RS2 have different fog lights and front turn signals. RS2 part numbers for turn signals are 8A0953049D / 50D and fog lights 8A0941699D / 700D. I found various online ETKAs very useful to find the part numbers that I need, couldn't live without them anymore Next time you can use 7zap or similar to find the part number you need.

Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325

Do you rember the pricing on the parts ? As i understand it fits from the 2,6 cabrio, and they are not so expensive.
    Fog lights have been 220€. Price for the the turn signals I was unable to find anymore.

Originally posted by bhlegit

*Sorry just seen you have answered that above^ so dont worry. cheers
    No worries mate

Comment

• The calipers are finally back after blasting. Before starting to do the painting I decided to take the calipers fully apart. Turns out that the bleed screws and the crossover pipe can be pretty tight in the aluminum alloy caliper I managed to get everything out but I stripped the threads from one hole . I took the damaged caliper to a machine shop to see if they can fix it.

On the other hand good thing it happened now and not after they had been mounted on the car Other setback is that I have to blast them again to get rid of the oxide layer that quickly forms on top the bare aluminum surface.

20201208_175403.jpg

While still recovering from the little setback a I cleaned & inspected all the pistons. A few of them had a few nicks that could be felt with a finger so I will be needing a few set of pistons. They are a pretty expensive investment, but that's probably what you get from buying used calipers

20201208_133037.jpg

Comment

• Time for custom Titanium pistons now Antti?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I guess it is Honestly though I think they will be out of my price range

Comment

• I have been a little lazy updating the thread. The local machine shop did not want to fix the bleed nipple threads on the caliper, so I sent it over to Alex to fix it. Unfortunately due to brexit&covid Posti has a hard time delivering parcels to UK and my caliper has been on its way for two months now The best part is that no one has got any idea where they are and I'm a little worried that the caliper is lost. I guess I only have to wait if it somehow finds its way to the UK.

I also failed MOT last week due to emissions and have a leaking turbo The turbo just got back from the company who serviced it a couple months back and they said there is nothing wrong with it. The only things left should be blocked oil drain or crank ventilation and they both seem fine to me. Oil drain flows freely and there is no clogs in the breather system and all the valves in it are relatively new

I have ordered a new lambda sensor that I can hopefully fit tomorrow with the turbo. The old lambda was a Delphi item but the new one will be Bosch. Hopefully I will get a new emissions test made next week to see if the new lambda has sorted my issue.

Comment

• Hi, Great project and top skills.
              Can you tell me what basecoat and clear coat you used for the panels?

Comment

• Thanks! The car is great but I don't know about my skills

Basecoat is Spies Hecker 295 series solvent basecoat, top coat is same brand Permasolid 8034 HS clear.

Comment

• Lovely weather to do some turbo installing

20210309_125353.jpg

20210309_125400.jpg

Turbo in together with new Bosch lambda sensor. Why does it have to so tight to get all the nuts in place?

20210309_150917.jpg

This nut is especially annoying to reach

Inked20210309_150923_LI.jpg

So I made a tool to make life even a little bit easier

20210309_150947.jpg

Fits like so. Not the best but it helps.

20210309_151229.jpg

Everything put together. The engine bay looks horribly dirty That's probably because it is I took a little test drive and no leaks anywhere so far. I will take the car for emissions test next week and see if anything I did made a difference. Otherwise it is time for a new catalysator.

20210309_184320.jpg

Comment

• Also good news is that my caliper that needed fixing has arrived in the UK after all

Comment

• I also had my right side fog light pointing too much upwards. When I looked at the fog lights closer, there is a half moon shaped beam cutter inside the reflector/lens assembly that was upside down I thought I bought new lights from a ebay seller but this suggests that these are rebuilt units. Anyway I had to fix it.

Fog light out and the rear lid taken off

20210311_083126.jpg

I took out the reflector/lens assembly.

20210311_085635.jpg

The mounting tabs and the adjustment bar was removed...

20210311_090314.jpg

...and put back on the opposite sides

20210311_090712.jpg

Back in the casing

20210311_122848.jpg

This is now sorted and now I have correct beam pattern on both fog lights.

The car will be taken to another emissions test tomorrow. Hopefully everything is ok and I can take it to mot again. Otherwise it is time for a new catalysator.

Comment

• So the new lambda sensor made no difference. I still have high HC on idle and high CO% on fast idle. Any suggestions what to do next?

Comment

• I've never seen that problem with a fog lamp before, thanks for sharing your solution.

Comment

• Just a quick update, the car now has mot, new catalytic converter sorted that

On my way to summer cottage yesterday the clutch pedal stuck to floor. The car has done this a couple of times but it has always cured itself. This seems not to be the case this time so I will have to drive home without the clutch

While I was trying to fix the stuck clutch by bleeding it, I noticed a small coolant leak from the top radiator hose. A closer look revealed a pretty badly torn hose. Luckily I noticed that before a complete rupture. A quick fix was to cut out the torn section and just put the hose back in. Hopefully it holds until I get home. I will have to order a silicone item to replace it.

Comment

• Check the return spring above the clutch pedal they snap making the pedal stay on the floor

Comment

• Originally posted by simons2 View Post
                                Check the return spring above the clutch pedal they snap making the pedal stay on the floor
                                Thanks for the tip, it turned out to be clutch slave after all

Comment

Working...
                                X