No announcement yet.

S2 Avant -93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you buy Meyle window lifter switches, where did you but the complete set of aero blades,the floor rubber mats ? Great job with your car. Best Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by Filip_FIN View Post
      Hienosti tehty, looking good !
      Kiitos! How is your car coming together?

Comment

• Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
        Where did you buy Meyle window lifter switches, where did you but the complete set of aero blades,the floor rubber mats ? Great job with your car. Best Regards
        The lifter switches are from spareto, the retrofit wiper kit is from eBay (nla from the dealer) and the rubber mats are just a generic item from local car parts store. I just cut them to shape. They are not very pretty but they are better in the winter than the original fabric mats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antsa View Post

Kiitos! How is your car coming together?
          Not been in g arage for whole summer , next is to move the car to a friends garage so he can weld the preassure pipes / intercooler

where in Finland are you located btw?
          Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

• Originally posted by Filip_FIN View Post

where in Finland are you located btw?
            Sorry mate I forgot to answer you. I live in Oulu You?

Comment

• I finally got to installing the puddle lights. First job was to measure the clearance between the door and the sill. I used some reusable Blu-Tack adhesive to do that. I then compared the clearance to the puddle light thickness and I came to the conclusion that they will fit.

20220818_125128.jpg

20220818_125202.jpg

20220818_125252.jpg

Then it was time to fit correct terminals and connectors

20220818_125834.jpg

20220818_130332.jpg

20220818_130515.jpg

I could not help myself and I had to test the lights before mounting them to the doors

20220818_130926.jpg

Comment

• Then it was time to drill a hole for the lights

20220828_162520.jpg

Fitted

20220901_100144.jpg

20220828_162530.jpg

Some wiring had to be done. So the doorcard came off

20220901_100159.jpg

Looks good to me. Now I can settle and enjoy the dark Finnish autumn and winter

20220902_230013.jpg

20220902_225940.jpg

Comment

• A nice little addition.
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Awesome stuff.......I like the puddle lights, very neat. Just curious, where or to what did you connect the lights - i.e. where are you getting power for the lights? I know I don't have the courage or the skill to drill/cut a hole in my door, so just curious

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                      A nice little addition.
                      Thanks mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr G View Post
                        Awesome stuff.......I like the puddle lights, very neat. Just curious, where or to what did you connect the lights - i.e. where are you getting power for the lights? I know I don't have the courage or the skill to drill/cut a hole in my door, so just curious
                        I used a relay that powers both the footwell lights and the puddle lights. Relay coil is earthed via the roof light switch (which is the then goes to earth via the central locking pump). So every time a door is open the lights will be on

Comment

• Oh boy it has almost been a year since my last post.

Today was a nice weather to do some painting again, this time the doors and hinges got some color. I set up the spraybooth in my carport again.

Doors ready for paint

20230806_150139.jpg

Basecoat down

20230806_155840.jpg

20230806_155851.jpg

Clearcoat

20230806_180531.jpg

I had an issue with my almost a year old clear coat. The stuff was too thick and came out really orange peely, I tried to save the paint job by adding more thinner to the last coat but this is what I'm left with. It is not major problem since these will be sanded and re-cleared anyway.

20230806_180542.jpg

My sauna was again a paint drying oven

20230806_204245.jpg

The hinges were baked outside

20230806_190804.jpg

That was all for today, next up is wet sanding the doors and giving them one more coat of clear followed by another wet sanding and buffing for the mirror like finish.

Comment

• I had a couple of days to do some painting again, so it was time to give the doors one more coat of clear and then wet sand plus buff.

So it was time to set up my spray booth once again

20230809_141838.jpg

This is better than last time but still no flat finish straight off the gun. This time it was not the clear coat that was at fault but rather the painter lacking skills. Wet sanding will take care of the orange peel fortunately. I changed my clearcoat to one that does not need baking but instead it's meant to be airdried. The panels could be wet sanded only two hours after finishing painting

20230809_141947.jpg

After sanding and buffing I decided to use this ceramic coating to protect the surface

20230814_160721.jpg

Final results can be seen here. I'm quite satisfied

20230814_155125.jpg

20230814_155110.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice results there, the finish looks like black mirror glass.

Comment

• Thank you sir! It took some time to get there. I accidentally polished through the clear coat once resulting in one door needed to be painted again But it was my mistake and now I know how to handle the rotary polisher a little better.

Comment

Working...
                                X