Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2 Avant -93

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Hey, i used lautasharja, dont know the enlifsh word
    Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

    http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

    Comment


    • #77
      Okay, I have to buy some wire brushes for my angle grinder

      Comment


      • #78
        Nothing much has happened past few weeks. Hopefully I can order the big brakes and a set of coilovers in a few weeks so I can spend my summer bolting on new/shiny parts While waiting the pay day at the end of the month, I received these tie rod inner bushings from Alex (Error404). Big thanks! Just fitted them and they were perfect.


        20180516_153115 (1).jpg

        Comment


        • #79
          Again, it has been quiet month. Missus BMW decided to need all costly maintenance work at once, so I have to push back the purchase of the big front brakes and KW coilovers. Instead I decided to fix a few rust issues once my summer holiday starts. One is on the right A-pillar and it needs the windscreen removed to be fixed properly. Same goes for the rear glass and I understand this is a fairly common issue. My original plan was to fix these after the BBK and coilover install, but I decided to tackle these before it's too late. Hopefully no welding is needed and there is nothing that a wirebrush and spraygun can't handle


          Here's the rear glass


          image_70876.jpg





          And here's the A-pilllar


          20180614_161933.jpg

          Comment


          • #80
            Two months has passed without me writing here anything but finally some progress. This week I managed to start the rear end painting/rust fixing process. While removing the interior trims, little surprise was there for me. Just as the wiring under the dash, the trunk lid wire harness looked like this I ordered some wires from vehicle wiring products and I'm expecting to receive them this week.

            20180801_104533.jpg


            Next step was to remove the rear glass. Took a little time to cut through the glue and some of the trim that sorrounds the glass, but it came out pretty easily after all

            20180801_202532.jpg

            This is how it looks without lights/glass

            20180801_210514.jpg




            All the rust spots were sandblasted, then painted with etch primer. After that the whole rear end was sprayed with sanding primer. Then it required A LOT of sanding, sanding and sanding. My arms still hurt

            20180809_094233.jpg





            This is how it looks after base and clear coats Looks decent when you look far enough...

            20180809_114213.jpg20180809_114224.jpg



            As always with painting (especially outside), you always get some dirt on your paintwork. Also I managed to get one big run:

            20180809_114233.jpg

            Pretty easy to fix that. But this is what troubles me the most. The whole paintwork is covered with small fisheyes. I'm thinking it's because of the humid conditions here and I just used simple water separator before the paint gun. I guess it needs a proper air dehumidifier to keep the small water particles out of paintwork.

            20180809_192033.jpg
            This is the worst side of the car. I painted this part last and the compressor had been running for some time. Will have to see how well wet sanding takes these away of if I have to spray a whole new clear.
            But before sanding I have to get some polyurethane glue to stick the rear glass back in and then I can start to put in lights and interior trim
            Attached Files

            Comment

            Working...
            X