Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a larger cylinder than an ABY one?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Yes, 26.9mm. But only to fit the dual diaphragm booster afaik
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ah, I see. Not dissatisfied with mine at the most so all good
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I started fitting a s8 setup to my urs4. Pain lying upside down under the dash trying to get a 4 x m8 bolts yiu can barely see or feel. Anyhow I made an adapter rod about 30mm longer than stock and it's still a bit short. I need to take it back out and make 1 about 50 mm longer than stock approx.

My next issue is that the brake pipes are a different fitting on the s8 master cylinder. They seem to be m12 fine thread as apposed to the stock m10 fine. So I need to sort that. I also swapped the pump for a single 120 bar single.

Hope it makes a good difference to the brakes vs the hydraulic setup with a tired bomb.

Comment

Also anyone know if the strut brace fits ok on the urs4 with s8 setup?

Comment

Yes the fittings and pipes to the ABS unit are larger with the larger master cylinder. M12 fine, you can buy these oversize fittings for standard 3/16 pipe
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cool. At least I know what I'm asking for at the parts place.

Comment

http://www.wrightsautosupplies.co.uk...s-Fittings.htm
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Right got the brake fittings but now some more issues. So the nipple is broke on the resovior for the clutch master cylinder feed so have another on order. Can't bleed the brakes until that's done.

My next issue is that I'm testing the servo by sucking on the vacume feed pipe and i cant draw any vacume much. I hear it leaking away some place. I take it that's not right?

Comment

Did you forget the seal between the BMC and the servo?
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

The rubber o ring? It's fine and I have it together with rubber grease. Just started the car and it's making a squealing noise around the brake peddle so the servo must be nackered. Ffs. Out again! Now need to find another one. Ahhhhh.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain, I have a audi 80 1995 2.6 converted to a 4.2v8, what parts do I need to do to convert mine??

Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure is your audi 80 vacume as standard or like a s2 with hydraulic assist?

Comment

Right so I just received my replacement servo. It leaks air too!!!!!! So what am I doing wrong? It's leaking near the actuator rod that goes to the pedal. But if I press the rod in just a few mm then the leak stops. So when installed should this rod be preloaded slightly?

This is the replacement setup.

Comment

Sorry how can I Tell? It has a bomb setup located below the passenger leg, the master cylinder is bolted straight to the bulkhead with no servo.

Comment

Working...
                                X