No announcement yet.

Trip computer display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m guessing it’s just the screen they supply, the part with the writing on it is separate? So just use your original.

Comment

• Writing is on the LCD, check the pics on their site.
      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• I'm confused surely the kph one will be wrong to fit in mph set of clocks it will give wrong values

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          I'm confused surely the kph one will be wrong to fit in mph set of clocks it will give wrong values
          i believe you can adjust that with the dip switches
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            I'm confused surely the kph one will be wrong to fit in mph set of clocks it will give wrong values
            It’s just a screen, what gets written on it comes from the chip in the cluster.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

• Do i need the V1 or the V2 display for a 93 S2
              Emerald Green ABY Coupé
              RS2+ Spec
              @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

• I may be interested in getting this, is this simply a purchase and fit? or would one need to change the written info? and more? someone said that the info is read from the chip, but we need to confirm if we can get it to read mph.

oh hey guys!! its been a while

Comment

• It's just a display, like one on your computer - break it, replace it and it will show the same picture. All the coding stuff is in cluster. I'd say it's just too expensive to produce 3 or 4 batches of displays with different symbols written on them. We should be happy that someone makes them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
                    It's just a display, like one on your computer - break it, replace it and it will show the same picture. All the coding stuff is in cluster. I'd say it's just too expensive to produce 3 or 4 batches of displays with different symbols written on them. We should be happy that someone makes them now.
                    I wanna insert emoji here , but cannot find it in options so ill give a smiley face and i wanna say thumbs up , thank you for clearing this up for me ..

but you are also saying that it will still display kph // when its supposed to be mph?

Though am I right in understanding that you can change the output by changing the settings in the unit to display the mph reading?

Comment

• It is just a screen. It will display what board computer says it needs to be displaying.
                      There is switch on the BC, to select miles, kilometers, gasoline or diesel.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• At last I get it cheers for helping us stupido's out peeps I can replace the broken one in the clocks I just bought now

Comment

• Yes
                          The numbers displayed will still be calculated for miles and gallons, maybe you can peel the kph sticker off and stick your old one on?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Or maybe we can ask them to print a batch of stickers for mph?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• If the old ones is knacked can't we just butcher the old display frame and stick it over the front

Comment

• Seems like silk screen printing direclt on the screen, not a sticker.
                                Should not take more then 30 minutes for someone who can use illustrator or something like that and print few sheets of them at the printshop. And cutting plotter will make hole in the middle and cut the outside border also.
                                1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Working...
                                X