Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, I'm just gonna be a b1tch like Jamo and say I took my IM off recently and it came off quite easily

It did take a bit of effort to crack some of the bolts, top tip was spraying WD40 in to get the bits of crap out to get a tight fit, I removed the cam cover for access and used an extender to put enough torque on them. If i recall the biggest problem with the tight access was the longer allen key flexing so much there was very little room!
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Another way to loosen rounded allen heads is hammering a oversized torx bit into it.
      All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveH View Post
        Doug, If you'd like a copy of the 3B repair manual give me a shout. I'm sure all the basics, like torque settings and tigtening sequences will be similar.
        Hi,
        Just wandering if you still had a copy of the 3B repair manual available and if so how much you would like for it?

Been trying to find a good comprehensive manaul for some time for my 3B with not luck. Planning to change my head soon so need as much info as possible. Also does anyone know where I can source a crankshalf locking tool from?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
          Hi,
          Just wandering if you still had a copy of the 3B repair manual available and if so how much you would like for it?

Been trying to find a good comprehensive manaul for some time for my 3B with not luck. Planning to change my head soon so need as much info as possible. Also does anyone know where I can source a crankshalf locking tool from?

Cheers
          If you PM me your email address I'll send you the 3B engine manual.
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
            If you PM me your email address I'll send you the 3B engine manual.
            PM sent mate

Comment

• Is it mandatory to lift the car for dismantling the front bumper on UrS6?
              I have to do it because my car is in the rest hour of an highway with water inside the EM, so I must dismantle the head and all the front parts to reach it... first of all the front bumper, but It's not easy to lift the car in the highway.
              The car is UrS6 auto-gearbox.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X