Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a handy thread, and I'll have to tackle my urS6 lines soon. Just wondering if if ordinary C4 say 1.8L / 2.0L fwd cars have the same run of fuel lines as a urS6 C4 ?

Also I seem to recall that later model VW Passats, say maybe a 1997 model, used plastic petrol pipes with rubber flexible pipes at either end of the run of plastic petrol pipes under the main floorpan of the car ???

Was just wondering if anyone had tried the plastic petrol pipes idea, and how they got on if they did ?

Thanks for any comments either way.

Comment

• I'm soon to tackle the corroded fuel lines on my ABY coupe, and found this thread very useful - a great write up.

To make the job easier, I'm considering removing the vapour / breather line. In doing this do you blank off each end? Also would it cause any issues at MOT?

Comment

• It's now my turn to tackle this job.

I am thinking of fitting polyamid plastic pipes.

But I'd like to know what the diameters are on the OE piping.
        I think it is already stated that it is 8mm outer diameter.
        What about inner? 6 mm?

Got to figure that out in order to order the correct adapters etc.

[EDIT]
        When I zoom in on OP's piping that he bought it has 0.75 mm wall thicknes which gives 6.5 mm ID.
        Does anyone know if OE pipes share this ID?
        Last edited by k.alle; 14 June 2020, 15:24.
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
        http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

• You will never get it to bend and follow the original path. Stick with 8mm cunifer.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I haven't been under to have a look yet, is there a lot of twists and turns?
            I was under the impression it was mostly straight piping back-front.

Might have to rethink then.
            Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes

Comment

• Originally posted by k.alle View Post
              I haven't been under to have a look yet, is there a lot of twists and turns?
              I was under the impression it was mostly straight piping back-front.

Might have to rethink then.
              Quite a few tight turns and it passes up near the downpipe (within a few inches). Audi put a heatshield there but how would plastic cope?
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I think you are right Dave, you make some good points.

I have ordered 7.5 meters of cunifer, is that enough?
                Will be changing the pipes from approx the bulkhead and back.

Comment

• Originally posted by k.alle View Post
                  I think you are right Dave, you make some good points.

I have ordered 7.5 meters of cunifer, is that enough?
                  Will be changing the pipes from approx the bulkhead and back.
                  You might just make it. I needed two rolls but mine is Avant and it did front to rear. The wade 8mm connectors are very good. Put to Vaseline on the olives as it aids sealing
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• OK, lets hope it's enough.
                    I could perhaps fit a longer hose on of the lines if it does not reach all the way.

Had to order piping + wade connectors from UK ebay.
                    Seems copper nickel piping in bigger than std brake line diameter is scarce over here (or not metric).

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• I got the car on a lift today and removed heat shields and so on to get access.

Got a bit stumped since the leak seems to come from engine bay at the holder around exhaust manifold height and I was not expecting to see hoses / protective sleeves on the pipe.
                      In order to get access to this area I would need to drop front right drive shaft and remove that pesky ProConTen bracket and maybe drop the downpipe as well.

Can anyone advise on if this is OEM protective sleeves or if some previous owner has cut pipes and replaced with hoses/plastic tubing?

Engine bay:
                      web_fuel_line_engine_bay.png
                      From below:
                      web_fuel_line_engine_bay_exit.png

There is something similar going on where lines are traversing from left hand <-> right hand of the car, near the rear axle.
                      Are these OEM or something else?

web_fuel_line_rear_traverse.png

Comment

• The plastic sheath is just there to protect the pipes from rubbing. You can buy pvc sheath to match but make sure you put it on before you start bending as it doesn't like going around bends.
                        You don't need to drop the subframe or remove anything major to do this. I have just done a Coupe front to rear without removing anything major.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by johnrowe
                          Changing the fuel filter is a part of regular maintenance. Keeping your fuel system properly maintained by changing the fuel filter prolongs the life of the fuel pump. For more details contact at apex auto parts.
                          Regards above, I just searched Audi ABY in "All Categories" and got this message... "There is no product that matches the search criteria."

Comment

• Search terms are too short/common so being ignored.

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post

Regards above, I just searched Audi ABY in "All Categories" and got this message... "There is no product that matches the search criteria."
                              aby would have worked, ive added ABY and 3B to allow searching for those, but you'll need to make searches a bit more specific to find anything useful
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• The plastic piping in my picture, does the pipe run all the way through this or does it just push in at either end?
                                Attached Files
                                Steve

1990 RR 20V
                                1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Working...
                                X