No announcement yet.

Exhaust manifold from ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can remove the dp from Exaust system then that would be best way as this is how I trial fitted my dp on that manifold and it fitted with a bit of a wiggle then adjust the system to suit dp position.looking at your dp where does it separate? looks like it's touching subframe or it's very very close. All best Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
      If you can remove the dp from Exaust system then that would be best way as this is how I trial fitted my dp on that manifold and it fitted with a bit of a wiggle then adjust the system to suit dp position.looking at your dp where does it separate? looks like it's touching subframe or it's very very close. All best Michael
      Downpipe splits half way down the car. It hits the subframe as it bends up so not sure if it will move forward anymore but will give this a go when I have time.

Comment

What a pain
        You could get some spacers made but they'd have to take the heat..
        It would be easier to cut and weld the exhaust than mess with spacers though I reckon

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          What a pain
          You could get some spacers made but they'd have to take the heat..
          It would be easier to cut and weld the exhaust than mess with spacers though I reckon
          You say that but that would involve trailering the car to an exhaust shop as I can't weld stainless.
          I can get spacers made up through work. What temp would be seen, 316 good enough?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Will have to get the turbo studs out somehow too

Comment

It's going to get nasty...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know, won't be pretty. Maybe the 3b manifold will go back on for now as it all fits.

Comment

Got it to fit in the end. Still hits subframe but thinking I could raise the engine by 10mm so it clears.

White line shows current issue, green shows downpipe/engine raised by 10mm.

Not sure if this cause issues with drive line angle....
                    Last edited by Dobby84; 6 March 2017, 14:27.

Comment

Any major modifications needed? How noticeable is the performance increase over the 3b manifold?

Comment

Originally posted by b4Dan View Post
                        Any major modifications needed? How noticeable is the performance increase over the 3b manifold?
                        Only issue I had was cleaning up the casting finish in the ports, changing the manifold studs and the downpipe issue above.

As for performance I do not know fist hand as the car is not driveable at the moment.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone has one of these manifolds for sale? I have to build a custom exhaust anyways so if one didn't fit right let me know. Thanks.

Comment

There's some on ebay for about 100$

Comment

Mine will be up for sale once I sort my new tubular ... I got this and had all the inside cleaned up and I'm running around 350 360hp at moment no issues so I cant fault it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

I also bought cheap one from ebay. Some work to clean ports and stud pattern for turbo was not good. It had 8mm studs and you might fit turbo in but if you use 10mm studs like should, then you need to grind your turbo plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X