No announcement yet.

K24R Offset Solid Top Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMs sent to those who have expressed interest...
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Send me a pm when you have the rear strut braces for sale

Comment

These will require the rear top mounts to be swapped to the offset type (at the mo). You could make some strut plates to weld in tho.
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Right, I've got a set of bearings in for the prototypes, they're not at all cheap! BUT I think they're manly enough for the task, jusdging by how they dwarf the bearings on my current promounts
          Attached Files
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

jeebus! they look like the ticket
            so using a fully threaded insert to lock down to the strut shaft?
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

holy mother of god! You´re building a tank??

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

I spoke to a company whose sole business is motorsport bearings, when I told them of the loading of the S2 axles, they said that these were what they recommended. They cost £££ but if they are truly fit and forget then it's worth evey penny. They are also a motorsport spec bearing so are top quality!

Indeed using a fully threaded lock sleeve and also a lock nut on top.

Also using 5 off bolts to hold them in place.

Seems little point in doing anything other than over-engineering the hell out of them, afterall, there are already other products that are similar but not offset.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

What size are they andy? I'm using COMAT-18 on Golf which is 43mm OD with 18mm centre bore. They look similar albeit pretty beefy!
                  Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
                  1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

I'm interested. Don't know if i'm in the market yet-price dependent-keep me informed!

Comment

look like they should be up to the job, when do you expect to have a first off made to try out?

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

Next size up from that, 1 inch ball, 20mm ID. Understandable based on the fact the front axle on an S2 takes the weight of a Golf!

They'll not be cheap, just the bearings aren't far off £100, something like £275 a pair delivered but they'll be the best quality I can get and small batch size kills the price, as does a seriously beefy design and everything being hard anodised, I'm not interested in cheap, only top quality.
                        Last edited by Rusty; 11 April 2010, 18:27.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

yikes.... mine are £40 each. Capable of 13,000lb static Axial loading. Mine arent COMAT-18 sorry.... mine are the 3/4" bore high angular ones (up to 18degrees offset incase of crazy camber angles).
                          Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
                          1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

A pair

Need to look at prices again but I was told that I had to use the motorsport spec if I wanted them to be bulletproof. 104kN load rating so not far off 22,000lb rating = beasts
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Should be getting the prototypes of these mounts on order this week
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I've come up against the problem of running too much negative camber on the rear since fitting the coilovers. On the lowest point on the wishbone it's still running about 3 or 4 degrees neg, but then the rear tie rods are fully screwed in and I'm still getting loads of toe-in. The toe in disappears when the neg camber is increased to it's maximum point, but then it's ridiculous. It's just going to destroy the back tyres.

So...

Will these top mounts allow me to run less negative camber at the back? I'm already going to have to find custom rear tie(track?) rods and possibly look into getting adjustable wishbones.

Is nothing simple?

Comment

Working...
                                X