No announcement yet.

K24R Offset Solid Top Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it's all tightened up, the bushes are very unlikely to move unless you really whack the subframe and TBH, you'll have a few other issues if you hit it that hard! I have added a feature that locks the bush in position for assembly and makes it a lot easier to align. When all torqued up, I don't think it'll be going anywhere.

Welding in steel ones is another option but there's the issue of applying heat to the fairly thin steel and then suitably rust proofing it all. At leas hard anodised ally isn't going anywhere in a hurry.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
      You can see the offset holes in this picture, dowels to prevent rotation.

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...sis-p-711.html
      I made a set of those myself. Back in 2002. They never rotated out of position causing the alignment to change settings.
      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Prototypes have arrived!!! Only been 3 years since I started this thread.
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Comment

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Heat fitted the bearings them's going nowhere fast. Hardware to purchase and pictures oto take. I've been having some sexy time this afternoon, these are really sweet and so solid, I feel sorry for the body shell

Cheers for getting them done Kev, there'll be a batch coming soon, just to give you fair warning
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                I agree.

Looking forward to updates.

Comment

I've created a new thread - http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66953
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I'm now looking at the possibility of taking these from 7.5mm offset to between 10 and 12... it's all down to clearance and the solution I can find for the top nut, as you need to be able to get a socket in there to tighten it up / check it's tight...

Ideally, I would thread the bush that makes up the diameter difference between strut and bearing but there are other options...
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                    X