No announcement yet.

K24R Offset Solid Top Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you've got something rather wrong there or it's just oo low... Camber can be adjusted on the lower ball joints and the strut to hub bolts Stick a new thread up and we'll have a look

But yes, these will allow you to modify the camber by between 0.5 and 0.75 deg. I'd have to get some custom top caps machined to fit a strut brace though as it's orientated to increase camber a little, not reduce it! Hardly an issue...
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Yeah, sorry for the hijack!

Comment

No probs, just worth keeping things like that on a new thread as you'll not be the only one if it's a problem and so any fix will get lost...
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Good news Andy, keep me up to date
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Good news Andy, keep me up to date
            Check your email
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

how are these going dude?
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Just waiting till the piggy bank can afford to get some made up... Will pick them up in a week or so, when I've finished with a couple of other projects, and get some sorted, if you're still after some?
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Just resurrecting these as I need to sort some top mounts anyway. Currently trying to simplify the design and get the cost out of them...
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I'm still interested mate, some cost reduction would be good, is delrin an option rather than ally for the body?
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I suppose so but I'd prefer to leave it metal TBH. There seems little point in fitting the mother of all bearings to then weaken the body...

I've got the design sorted now, just finishing off the drawings and I'll get them off to bambridge.

Did you want a front set or a full set, including rear bar , Alex?
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Intersted in just a front pair since I have a custom rear bar
                          is this going to achieve about a 1 degree increase in castor then dude?
                          Can you email me a pdf of the design?
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

It's between 0.75 and 1 deg, if you use my offset subframe bushes then you'll achieve 1.5 to 2 degrees

You can also use them to move the strut top inboard and reduce positive camber during cornering (by up to 1 deg on its own or 0.5 deg castor, 0.5 camber by mounting at 45 deg).

At the rear you'll want to run these to move the strut top inboard for sure and they can be combined with special top plates to integrate a strut brace in this position too

These are seriously uprated over most things I've seen and with the price of the bearings, I'm hoping that they will last a long time.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

are the off subframe bushes available yet? Save me doing my own.
                              What was your anti-rotation feature in the end on those?
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Friction. Going to fit them, mark it all up and see how it does. The 60Nm holding it all together should be plenty when combined with the slightly rough anodised finish.

I've yet to fit mine and get a price etc. but they should be fine... (famous last words).

No drawing of the completed top mount yet, I've been doing the detailed stuff today so will sort that later on in the week.
                                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X