This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a group buy?

I haven't got time to sort it i'm afraid....

David

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo
      You've a gyspy curse on you and your car mate, try p*ssing on all 4 wheels to remove it!!

I wish Whiteline would find a decent U.K importer i got quoted 4 months to import one, which is just plain silly.
      Ha - I just cleaned it yesterday too! Maybe urine would be a good way to remove the brake dust!
      Do you know, at the moment, I'm seriously considering pushing it off Beachy Head the amount of trouble/ expense it's causing me

The whole Whiteline Import thing is crazy though isn't it - DT quoted me a similar time lag, hence me going the courier route. Boy did I pay for that!
      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

• Jeezus...Bad luck Dan. I hope non of my recent US purchases come back to me like that. I thought if you weren't charged when you received the item, you'd got away with it...Damn, it's like waiting for a speeding ticket.
        Last edited by SteveH; 18 March 2005, 18:38.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• I've only once before got stung by import customs: I ordered about 5 or so SACDs and DVD-As from a US audio website www.acousticsounds.com I was taking advantage of a "Special Offer" they had for free shipment if you ordered over a certain amount. Great, except I then got stung for customs on it, so I ended up worse off! Argh!

I got the invoice from TNT today, so that's what, a whole month after the shipment came in? B*st*rds

Comment

• Originally posted by Stick Insect
            How about a group buy?

I haven't got time to sort it i'm afraid....

David
            Am pretty sure that some kind soul in Oz offered to do this, but discovered that Whiteline weren't really up on the idea. Shame really. I want one too !

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• I queried about the availability of these from their german distributor. They seem to be some jap only tuning parts firm, but we'll see...

As I want one too

I'll let you know what they reply.
              -

Comment

• hi there all,
                i have a mate going to australia for a little while: is there any point in ordering a rear arb from there directly???
                imster

Comment

• RS2 front ARB & Whiteline

I fitted an RS2 ARB to complement the whiteline bar, first impressions are fantastic. Turn in is much improved and it also seems a bit more tail happy which doesn’t make sense. The balance is slightly more over steer than neutral (whiteline on middle setting) It’s nice and flat on the high speed bends though, a lot less body movement.

I installed the alloy subframe mounts too, I was surprised at first I couldn’t feel any difference driving slowly, car seems just as quite and smooth. The best bit are hard corners, it feels much tighter and joined on, well worth doing IMO.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Having just ordered a Whiteline rear ARB, could someone tell me from this pic which is the stiffest setting?

The hole to the left or the hole to the right?

Thanks

Comment

• left
                      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

• That's correct, the left one makes it stiffest. I'm on the middle setting. Doesn't sound like anyone here has tried it on the softest one?

Jamo have you ordered/ got the RS2 FARB as well? I can't remember if you said you had or not...

Comment

• [QUOTE=S2central.net]Am pretty sure that some kind soul in Oz offered to do this, but discovered that Whiteline weren't really up on the idea. Shame really. I want one too !

i heard on the grapevine that D Tweeks have a shipment of whiteline arbs turning up next week, which should include mine:

imster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo

Having just ordered a Whiteline rear ARB, could someone tell me from this pic which is the stiffest setting?

The hole to the left or the hole to the right?

Thanks
                            The left hand hole. The hole nearest the centre of the bar will always be the stiffer. Imagine trying to bend an iron rod from the middle. It's a lot harder than the leverage you gain from bending the same bar from the edges. Essentially it's the same with the ARB, outside is easier to twist, inside is stiffer
                            Hope this helps
                            Cheers
                            Karl
                            Oz
                            Oct 93 build MY 94 ABY Kingfisher Blue Audi S2 with MD147 turbo :mischeif:u SOLD
                            Audi 90 Quattro 20V 1989 7A
                            Audi TTRS 2010 APR stage 2 +
                            Triumph 675 Street Triple R

Comment

• ******...beaten again
                              Slow down here aren't we It must be the distance I have to travel to get the message posted
                              Cheers
                              Karl
                              Oz
                              Oct 93 build MY 94 ABY Kingfisher Blue Audi S2 with MD147 turbo :mischeif:u SOLD
                              Audi 90 Quattro 20V 1989 7A
                              Audi TTRS 2010 APR stage 2 +
                              Triumph 675 Street Triple R

Comment

• I ordered mine on friday from DT, the guy said he has 10 people waiting for them, so i guess thats 10 people from the s2 forum lol

he said to me that they wernt expecting a delivery for another 4 or 5 weeks

when did you hear that imster?
                                Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Working...
                                X