Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Greg -excellent, glad someone's given it a try!

What behaviour are you defining as "best"? Are we talking even more "point" at turn in? Does it tend toward more power-oversteer on hardest? Is there any further noticable reduction in body roll? I'm guessing the answer to all that is yes?

How much of a difference would you say there is between the three settings? Is it a night vs day difference, or just a little bit?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

• Turn in is better with less understeer, never really had a problem with oversteer though. Yes good reduction in body roll

Difference between hard and soft is quite noticeable and less so inbetween.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Whiteline Fitted

Fitted the Whiteline R-ARB last night, a fairly easy process, penetrating oil helps.

Strong recommendation - that the original bolts are replaced with longer bolts washers and nylock nuts.

For two of the fixings i had to drill out the thread from the existing mounts as the original bolts would not tighten. I will replace the other two in the same way this evening to be on the safe side.

Set the ARB to the Middle setting and will probably go to the hardest setting when the RS2 F-ARB arrives from VAGParts.

Initial reaction is good, I suspect that replacing the RARB for stock would have improved things as the unit i removed had seen better days.

More testing to come

George
        91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

• I'm running RS2 front and Whiteline rear on stiffest on my coupe, I'm finding the handling to be superb and very neutral and predictable, it doesn't push the front any more on wet roads like it used to. I was thinking of dropping back to the middle setting in the interests of comfort and control though as the roads round here are pretty bumpy and the car seems to get thrown about a bit at the back.. but will try backing off the rear konis a turn first as they are deff set too stiff..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeS2UK
            Fitted the Whiteline R-ARB last night, a fairly easy process, penetrating oil helps.

Strong recommendation - that the origional bolts are replaced with longer bolts washers and nylock nuts.
            Yeah, I stripped the threads off two of the mounting bolts when I did mine. Replaced the lot with longer bolts and nylocks. Shouldn't be a problem again, as I smothered them with copper grease..
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• I seem to remember that the metal brackets for my Whiteline weren't quite drilled straight - at the Garage meet Alistair filed one of the holes out to make it line up. Wasn't easy to work out what was wrong at first as we were crawling around on the floor

I'm happy with the middle setting, especially with my better half now driving the car too. Maybe next time I track the car I'll bump it up to the stiffest setting for the session?

Comment

• Originally posted by rotoryboy
                I've ordered mine from D.T as they have them on the shelf at the mo. No 6 weeks delivery then

got my whiteline yesterday mornin in that very shipment - will fit it over the weekend.

imster

Comment

• This may be sort of stupid question, but are you guys saying that from ARB would fit on the rear, or you are just refering to diamters of ARB's

Comment

• sorry bad english,
                    are you guys saying that FRONT ARB would fit on rear or you are talking about diameters

Comment

• The Front ARB *can* be modified to fit the rear application, but it makes for a VERY stiff rear end. If you like your power drifts big and lairy then it could be for you, but I've heard from Audiman that it can be a bit of a handful... then again he has ~450bhp on tap which kinda skews his view of the world.

The Whiteline Rear ARB is the S2 Forum approved way forward here. It bolts right on with no modification and has three settings for stiffness which you can quickly adjust for taste.

Paul
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• So, where's the best place to purchase the Whiteline ARB from? without the waiting

Comment

• You can purchase directly from Whiteline in Australia, and they will airfreight direct to the UK -that was the route I took as I wanted mine quickly, it arrived within 7 days. What did happen though was that I got stung for import duty to the tune of about 50 quid, which I wasn't expecting...
                          www.whiteline.com.au

Comment

• if anyone needs an whiteline rear arb we have a couple in stock call 01829 771165 ask for daren.whiteline are terrible to deal with they need a certain amount before they produce any,they dont seem to be able to give anyone a definate delivery time,,its not just demon tweeks!!!! that has this problem,thanks to jamo for the recommendation only happy to help..........tim cooper qrsport

Comment

• I got bored so i orderd one whiteline rear arb for myself as a "new years gift"
                              can't wait till it's comming.
                              Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

• rs2 farb

Soo what is the final word on the rs2 farb? are they still NLA/obsolete?
                                Cheers mis amigos,
                                _Anton

Comment

Working...
                                X