Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only spoke to them yesterday to inquire about mine - thats what i was told.
    imster

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_southwest
      I ordered mine on friday from DT, the guy said he has 10 people waiting for them, so i guess thats 10 people from the s2 forum lol

he said to me that they wernt expecting a delivery for another 4 or 5 weeks

when did you hear that imster?
      That is right, they have a shipment arriving this week but they are all ordered.

Mine's arriving in the next shipment in 4-5 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_b
        That's correct, the left one makes it stiffest. I'm on the middle setting. Doesn't sound like anyone here has tried it on the softest one?

Jamo have you ordered/ got the RS2 FARB as well? I can't remember if you said you had or not...
        I sent MartynF a PM regarding this but haven't had a response as i want one.

My car handles like a barge, sick of it, so i've decided to fix it up with my 18" tyre money. The S8's can wait as Biling isn't until August

Comment

• Jamo - good decision to uprate the suspension. Are you still on standard springs/ shocks? I really liked the handling improvement that H&R/Konis gave, if you don't mind the firm ride.
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Jamo - good decision to uprate the suspension. Are you still on standard springs/ shocks? I really liked the handling improvement that H&R/Konis gave, if you don't mind the firm ride.
            Yes i'm on standard shocks and springs.

I have Koni springs that i bought of MartinJS, but i think i might stick to Standard Springs and buy Bilstein / Koni shocks.

The urban roads are pretty rough around Birmingham and i might be better keeping standard ride height.

Comment

• Fair play - get the Koni shocks, and see how you get on with the uprated ARBS!
              You might also find that the boatness is due to worn wishbone bushes - new bushes has certainly tightened up my steering response a bit.

Comment

Fair play - get the Koni shocks, and see how you get on with the uprated ARBS!
                You might also find that the boatness is due to worn wishbone bushes - new bushes has certainly tightened up my steering response a bit.
                I think my shockers and top mounts have had it. But after you keep raving about the ARB's and Greg advised change these before the shockers, i'll get these done first.

I've been goaded into spending cash, again! (thanks MartinJS for my alloy wheel freak out )
                Wishbone busheswere replaced in 2003 up front by Alistair C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo
                  I've been goaded into spending cash, again! (thanks MartinJS for my alloy wheel freak out )
                  My pleasure..LOL.
                  clear them cobwebs out your wallet. LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by martinjs
                    My pleasure..LOL.
                    clear them cobwebs out your wallet. LMAO
                    Better hope i don't clear it out too much else i wont be able to buy them goods off you!

Comment

• Whiteline RARB

Whiteline RARB arrived this morning, obviously the OZ slow boat has docked.

Ordered via DM 6 weeks ago
                      91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

• Whiteline

Soft

Middle

Hard

RS2 Front ARB on order but still not available yet

Thoughts please
                        91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeS2UK
                          Soft

Middle

Hard

RS2 Front ARB on order but still not available yet

Thoughts please

See previous page of this thread, http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...&page=13&pp=15

Comment

• Has anyone here actually tried all 3 settings on the bar and made note of any differences?

Comment

• Now that my car is running and getting more reliable by the day I took it to a track event this weekend. I have the whiteline rear arb, H&R springs (yellow), koni adjustible shocks, aluminum subframe bushings, aluminum strut tower bushings, and nylon control arm bushings. I have the RS2 farb on order but its taking its sweat time. For the cars first track event since the conversion I set the rarb on the soft setting. With the stock farb this gave the car a very neutral feel and it was easy to control with throttle in the turns. When the RS2 farb shows I will try the middle setting on the rear and then the stiff setting to compare. I'm also looking at a set of tubular control arms. Anyone using custom tubular control arms? Oh yea, as for the body roll on the track with the whiteline rear arb set on soft, it is still very present and I hope by adding the RS2 farb and setting the rear arb to middle or stiff this will take care of the extra body roll.
                              91 Audi Coupe Quattro- AAN engine transplant

Comment

• Dan,

I have tried it on all 3 settings with RS2 bar up front and the hardest setting on the whiteline I found the best. With stock FARB softer.
                                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                                X