Propshaft Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GT500 View Post

look forward to that!, not the failure just the shot!
    If you are happy with the Bm one fine, but I have seen the book of centre bearings, there are thousands! if one is ok for many why do they make so many?
    Ring Chris at propshaft uk, he will explain the whole rubber/size/mounting ins and outs.
    The oem is getable so why use a Bm one? or if Bm parts are your thing, get a BM!
    Or you could do what I did and just get rid of the shaft and go two wheel drive and wait to see what happens!!!!!!!
    rs2315.
    sigpic

Comment

But you've got rid of the 'box aswell so your not even 2wd at the mo
      Corey
      01636 822288

Comment

When refitting the prop, do you just eye the centre prop up with the centre of the diff and gearbox ?

Has anyone had the misfortune of having both 13mm centre prop bolts so badly corroded that they had to cut them off
        sigpic

Comment

I had to cut the centre bearing mount to get the prop off leaving one bolt behind, if that's any consolation?
          SS

Comment

Not good, looks like its going to be both of them
            sigpic

Comment

thats not good John, are u going to be able to reuse those mount points with new bolts etc or is it knackered?

I have a refurb'd prop and new mount to go on mine but didnt manage to do it before the Ring. Feeling a bit scared of attempting to change mine as sods law i'll be in the same boat
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Looks like im going to have to grind off whats left of the bolts, prop should just fall away, then just unwind the thread of the bolts with some molegrips
                The mounting points on the car dont look bad to be honest its just the heads of the bolts which are shagged.
                I was going to use a level laser to make sure the centre prop was straight when refitting it
                sigpic

Comment

ok, apparently i found the good tread for CV joint and center bearing, but i read all the post and i still did nt found the parts number if there are any ?

BMW replacement bearing and ford CV joint ? any parts number please ?

Thanks
                  S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

There's a thread by S2DriverUk that has the part no's in, have a look in the drivetrain section, I can't remember if it was made a sticky or not.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• hmmm, i'm sure i made that a sticky after someone else requested it.......if not consider it done. Actually reminds me, must get the bl**dy prop put on the car
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• I asked you to do it because it's detailed. I think the name is a bit random, might be worth renaming it? I also think I posted links to other propshaft threads somewhere in it to tie up the lose ends
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21566

Here you go Andy, the rather ambiguously named 'Propshaft Overhall' thread
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• You've changed it

Perhaps it was another thread that I was thinking about!

Edit:- Nope
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• propshat rebuild parts number

Löbro (OEM) CV-joint = 301142 = Ford 149 3963 = Ford 72 GG 4635 BA = Porsche 923 332 032 00
                              Febi Bilstein center mount/bearing = 05196 = BMW 26 11 1 206 502 = BMW 26 12 1 104 355
                              Center joint can be found by measurements as an universal item

Is that right ??
                              S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

• Just trying to find the CV joints, hoave found some at £20 each on Ebay but would prefer the real thing rather than an Ebay special. Any links please?
                                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X