• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What measurement do you need Sal? I have a prop here I can measure
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Its alright Alex, I've got a couple of props. I'm not sure whether the various suppliers measure from the same place. One of my props has the bmw version fitted but its split already, nowhere near up to the job

Comment

• Cool, let me know how you get on as I need a new bearing to rebuild this prop I have
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I'm still searching for the front half of an ABY prop. Anyone got one for sale?
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
            Its alright Alex, I've got a couple of props. I'm not sure whether the various suppliers measure from the same place. One of my props has the bmw version fitted but its split already, nowhere near up to the job
            Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Cool, let me know how you get on as I need a new bearing to rebuild this prop I have
            Isn't someone on the forum supplying the OE prop bearing, at least a few years ago?
            Was it GT500 or something?
            I could be wrong though.
            Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
            http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

• https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114262224447

So Ive ordered the above, looks to be correct from the pics and measurement. I'll let you know once it turns up

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114262224447

So Ive ordered the above, looks to be correct from the pics and measurement. I'll let you know once it turns up
                I just want to mention a couple of things:

1 in the picture of the CSB you posted, the bearing does not look centered, it looks offset.
                2 this seems to be an ebay only company, with no other internet or physical location. Just beware.
                3 I would remove the seal from the bearing and take a look at the type and amount of grease in the bearing itself.

Just some thoughts.

Greg W.

They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

• i can supply right bearing. Sold more than 20 this year without any problems. price caa 70e + shipping
                  Audi Coupe S2 1993
                  Audi V8 4.2 1993
                  Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

• Bearing arrived and I've compared it with an oe ur quattro one and the aftermarket BMW part fitted to my aby prop.
                    Qualitywise it feels much stronger than the bmw aftermarket item. The metal frame is of the same gauge steel and size as the genuine Ur Quattro one.
                    However the shape is different. The genuine Ur Quattro one doesn't have the wiggley bit but from memory I think the s2 version does? 20200622_205240.jpg
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Something to ponder. I have taken apart B2 80Q, CQ and B4 sedan propshafts here in the states. The all had the "wiggley" bit in the center support bearing. I have also taken apart a range of propshafts that had replacement center support bearings, that ran a range of different styles.
                      Your UrQ propshaft may have already had a CSB replacement. That may be why they don't match.
                      They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

• That one cross-references to the BRG.A8 one further up the thread.

Have ordered one, will see what it is like when it arrives compared the the original.

Comment

• I think i ordered this one https://www.driveshaftparts.co.uk/in...roduct_id=1751

was beefier than the bmw bearing, similar to the OE. Only thing i seem to remember was the kink on the support bar was the other side once fitted to the prop itself. I had a homemade alignment tool so i know it went on straight. No issues to date.
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe View Post
                            Something to ponder. I have taken apart B2 80Q, CQ and B4 sedan propshafts here in the states. The all had the "wiggley" bit in the center support bearing. I have also taken apart a range of propshafts that had replacement center support bearings, that ran a range of different styles.
                            Your UrQ propshaft may have already had a CSB replacement. That may be why they don't match.
                            I'm pretty sure its original as its quite worn and the rest of the car was original also when I got it, having only had 2 previous owners to me. I'm going to fit it this week anyway, quality and fit-wise it seems bang on

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              I think i ordered this one https://www.driveshaftparts.co.uk/in...roduct_id=1751

was beefier than the bmw bearing, similar to the OE. Only thing i seem to remember was the kink on the support bar was the other side once fitted to the prop itself. I had a homemade alignment tool so i know it went on straight. No issues to date.
                              Looks identical Dave
                              Shame they havent got any in stock, cheap price

Just realised, its actually the same place where I got mine from
                              Last edited by sal_s2; 29 June 2020, 13:35.

Comment

Looks identical Dave
                                Shame they havent got any in stock, cheap price

Just realised, its actually the same place where I got mine from
                                happens to us all
                                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X