No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve remove the track covers to take the plastic trim out as I’ve found it easier to get the sunroof liner back in without it. I also took the opportunity to clean and re grease the tracks when they were off.

A nice big parcel has just arrived. Another item ticked off. Thanks to Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• The parts store is slowly diminishing

View from the store

Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• On my coupe I had problems with water getting into the car (don't they all at some point?!) and I tracked it down to failed sealant under the track you removed to grease the tracks. It was a kind of white coloured silicone except i don't think it was silicone as it had gone hard. On its own i don't think that would have caused the leak as the water shouldn't get to a level high enough in the cassette to find the 'sealed' gap. In my case, the sunroof drain channels down the A pillar didn't seem to be draining very well and water was backing up into the space around those track covers. You've guess it, it got to the level where it found my old, cracked and hard sealant.

shoving bike brake cables, wire coat hangers and a good jet of water down the drains sorted that out, fresh sealant on the covers sorted that out and no more water has got into my car since. How novel!

I'd recommend scraping the old off and putting something new on whether it is silicone, butyl tape or closed cell double sided adhesive foam strip. The problem with the leak is, it is impossible to see where the problem is happening as when it rains, you close the sunroof and the build up happens out of sight.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice. They were stuck down with a black silicon, so I've used panel bond to 're glue. My favourite stuff
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Vent valve arrived and fitted ok.

The old one was in bits

I’ve started my seat loom.

I lifted the fuse box to have a good look. Also did the lying on my back bit in the car. There doesn’t appear to be a spare 30a connector. I read on another thread that Avants have an additional multi connector that can be used. I can’t see it. Any one help? I don’t really want to cut into another supply.

I’ve also fitted the rest of the Loom on the left of the engine. I realise now I’m missing the pipes that go from the top of the bomb to the master cylinder. Going to have to try and remake them.

Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Great that you found that broken PCV valve. That would have caused a horrible boost leak! Also great insurance to have a new one in there.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                Be careful with the clips, they can be fragile... Try and push the sunroof panel back keeping it square, if it twists it makes more friction and you end up pushing harder which is never good.
                ​​​​
                Yes they are very fragile Anyone got a spare one

Comment

• The trim is slowly going back together

Why do the seat belt clips face in? Every other car seems to hang facing out.

Some trim clips were missing/ broken off so some epoxy glue is called for

Has anyone successfully fixed the hooks on the door cards? I have some broken ones. I’m thinking about making a new hook.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I've successfully reglued trim to itself but not tried bonding seperate clips to the trim.

The problem will be what the clips is made of. It's a waxy plastic which will be hard to stick anything to. Your best chance is find the appropriate primer for the adhesive or rough it up good and proper with a sharp knife so the glue has something to grip into rather than the shiny surface.

When I successfully glued trim to itself, I used an epoxy plastic glue and reinforced with some glass fibre strands, the repair was spread out quite a bit to spread the load. Working so far so good.

Comment

• That sounds good. My problem is that the hooks are missing. I have a spare door card so could cut some off that one and try and re glue.
                      I was thinking about making a new hook out of aluminium and bonding it where the old hook was. I will have to spend some time in the inventing shed and see what works best.
                      Cheers for the input. Always helpful!

Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• If you have the bits, this is my solution. If you don't have the bits, as long as you have spare door cards that can donate similar plastic, I don't see why your plan won't work.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                          If you have the bits, this is my solution. If you don't have the bits, as long as you have spare door cards that can donate similar plastic, I don't see why your plan won't work.
                          Nice. Looks like a trained spider did it in silk for you
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Bumper mount screws were rusted solid on one side.
                            I needed to cut the screw head off but didn’t want to melt the plastic.
                            So, grinder cold water, grinder cold water until it was off.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I hope to replace my bomb with a servo system. I’m on the look out for the parts.
                              In the mean time, has anyone got a picture or plan on the return pipe from the top of the bomb back to the brake reservoir? It’s confusing on 7zap, shows it connects to another pipe?

Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It's the power steering reservoir but it does branch off elsewhere (servo return I think)
                                Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X