New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Good move changing the pipe, you’re right it’s a pain to do later.

Pull the brush module out of the alternator and see it it’s ok, might just need the module or the bearings greasing
    Thanks for the tip John. I will give that a go.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Your power steering pipe should pass through a plastic shroud that closes off the left hand edge of the radiator as you look at it. The coolant pipe to thermostat also goes through the plastic. Have you got this bit in your stash? Now is the time to put that bit in as imagine doing it later when you lose coolant and ps fluid disconnecting the pipes to do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
        Your power steering pipe should pass through a plastic shroud that closes off the left hand edge of the radiator as you look at it. The coolant pipe to thermostat also goes through the plastic. Have you got this bit in your stash? Now is the time to put that bit in as imagine doing it later when you lose coolant and ps fluid disconnecting the pipes to do it!
        Thanks for pointing that out Steve. I do have some plastic covers and will have a look in the morning.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I've just been looking for a pic but can I find one? Nope. The top cover is easy to identify so is the side cover - it fits top to bottom at the side of the rad and has 2 big holes in it for the pipes. I think there is also a smaller panel to box off the right hand side but that is pretty small. There is also an odd shaped piece of black foam which wedges somewhere in between the right hand panel and the inner wing. The aim is to stop air getting past the radiator down the sides and Channel it all through the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
            I've just been looking for a pic but can I find one? Nope. The top cover is easy to identify so is the side cover - it fits top to bottom at the side of the rad and has 2 big holes in it for the pipes. I think there is also a smaller panel to box off the right hand side but that is pretty small. There is also an odd shaped piece of black foam which wedges somewhere in between the right hand panel and the inner wing. The aim is to stop air getting past the radiator down the sides and Channel it all through the system.
            Thanks very much. I just found a pic from when I visited Trist in Brecon. As his car didn't have the top cover I can now see the side covers. I haven't got any foam and think only the left cover is in my parts box.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• This pic
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance
                Your power steering pipe should pass through a plastic shroud that closes off the left hand edge of the radiator as you look at it. The coolant pipe to thermostat also goes through the plastic. Have you got this bit in your stash? Now is the time to put that bit in as imagine doing it later when you lose coolant and ps fluid disconnecting the pipes to do it!
                It’s missing ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• your corrugated pipe for the hydraulic fluid should have a support round it - it attaches to the bracket next to the headlamp. if it's not there, that pipe will vibrate and crack
                  Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
                    your corrugated pipe for the hydraulic fluid should have a support round it - it attaches to the bracket next to the headlamp. if it's not there, that pipe will vibrate and crack
                    Thanks Mike. I spotted that and hopefully Kit is assisting me with it and the plastic cowl.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I got my nice EM fitted.

Cleaned up

Heat shield fitted and some of the studs shortened to accommodate the Wagner style EM

And fitted with new copper nuts. The bottom ones are not easy to get to with a spanner
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Sick alternator

Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Turbo fitted. Its a standard turbo. I'm on the lookout for a good RS2 turbo.This is just to get me going.

Also fitted my front wishbones
                            I had to remove the rear subframe bolt to get access. Right PITA!
                            Bushes were also super tight fit. Suspect that’s down to powder coat.

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 25 October 2018, 22:35.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Front struts in

And brakes test fitted

I appear to be missing the brackets for the brake pipe and abs sensor on the strut body. Is it just one per side? I have the one on the car inner wing.

Also. I take it the brake wear sensor is of no use on the S2? I haven’t seen a plug for it.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yes there is a bracket each side for the brake line and the ABS sensor - it bolts through the two holes in the inner wing.

See pic from my project below:

image_70511.jpg

There is no factory provision for the wear sensor, although you could easily tee into the brake fluid level sensor circuit on the driver side (RHD) and PAS fluid level sensor on the passenger side.
                                Both of these trigger the autocheck warning by pulling to ground.
                                Attached Files
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X