New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you replace the heater core?
    It is a very common failure, plastic crumbles with the age. Soaked floor, foggy windows and coolant loss. That is depressing

Removing and reinstalling the the dash and heater box at this state is not too bad, maybe an hour
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by M2ki View Post
      Did you replace the heater core?
      It is a very common failure, plastic crumbles with the age. Soaked floor, foggy windows and coolant loss. That is depressing

Removing and reinstalling the the dash and heater box at this state is not too bad, maybe an hour
      Yes, I put a new one in. Dash went in for the second time today. Hey......third time lucky?
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Don't be depressed just need more and more . Your doing a ace job and you didn't take it apart. You must be cuffed how its coming along .

Comment

• Originally posted by LSG View Post
          Don't be depressed just need more and more . Your doing a ace job and you didn't take it apart. You must be cuffed how its coming along .
          Yes I agree. More . It really helps. John is wrong on that point

I've been on the dash and interior for the last three days so I need a change. I want to start my engine as it was rebuilt many weeks ago and hasn't circulated any oil yet. So I intend to work on the engine over the next few days and see if I can get that bit sorted before I go back to the interior. Not too much to do. I've done most of the electrics so turbo, exhaust, radiator, pas pump and pipes to go.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• The beer did work.
            The lower vent pipe comes out from the drivers side and you have good access.

This brown plug doesn’t appear to have a connection. Have I lost something under the carpet?

Also, there is a black plug behind the air box not connected to anything. Should it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• This plug.

Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It's a little tricky so see in the pic but is that an 8 pin ISO connector which goes into the back. Of the stereo? I've still got the original wiring loom uncut in my car and there is a black, brown and red plug. All have 8 holes but not all pin holes are occupied.

Comment

• Light brown is for oil temp and pressure. You are missing the two wires between the sensors and this plugs.
                  1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                  1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by M2ki
                    Light brown is for oil temp and pressure. You are missing the two wires between the sensors and this plugs.
                    Found it! Was hiding under the carpet.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                      It's a little tricky so see in the pic but is that an 8 pin ISO connector which goes into the back. Of the stereo? I've still got the original wiring loom uncut in my car and there is a black, brown and red plug. All have 8 holes but not all pin holes are occupied.
                      I think its a four pin. There is no slack in the cable so its way off the stereo.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• All three heater cables fitted in their correct slots and the vent pipes are back in. The heater control box is in and its wire plug fitted. I will start on the row of buttons tomorrow. Looks tight in there to bring the cables up. Need a fresh head for that! I have a sore back now from bending over all day so it must be beer o'clock.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Got them in. Not an easy job when they are all muddled up. There isn’t enough room to swing a mouse, let alone a cat!

I think the steering cowl will have to come off again. I appear to be missing the middle clamp bolt. Anyone got a pic as to how this looks?

Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I sorted the steering cowl. The small screw that tightens the clamp was missing but I found a good replacement.

Onto the engine bay. I fitted the coil packs and wires. No issues there.

I was just about to start fitting the Alternator and PAS pump when I noticed that little black coolant pipe which runs around to the turbo. It looks a bit tiered so needs changing. It's not on Audi Tradition. Can I just use good quality 10mm ID coolant pipe? It looks like a PITA to do after everything is back together!

Kit found me the missing PAS return pipe and I have fitted that. I've been keeping Kit busy recently with parts orders!
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Pas pump and pipes all fitted

Separated the air con condenser from the Rad and gave the Rad a good clean and flush out. The rad is in very good condition.

Forgot to say. Changed that small coolant pipe first. Just bought some 10mm coolant pipe from my local Autofactors shop.

Fitted the alternator but it’s not spinning well. Sticking internally. Guess I need another.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Good move changing the pipe, you’re right it’s a pain to do later.

Pull the brush module out of the alternator and see it it’s ok, might just need the module or the bearings greasing

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X