Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    My interior light switch was broken and I couldn’t get a new one.
    This Coupe one is still available from AT for about €10. It’s almost identical but the housing is smaller.
    So I set about swapping the broken bits over.

Now it’s all fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    You can get in OK if you remove the oil pressure switch...

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Even better

I bent an old open ended spanner to do the job. It's tight in there!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Great news Dave!
    I’ll order one of those for the Cabby which has the same symptoms
    Cool. I'm well chuffed. Don't buy it from KMS as their stock is incorrectly marked up. They do know and were withdrawing the listing. I will send you the link where I got mine.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Great news Dave!
    I’ll order one of those for the Cabby which has the same symptoms

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Finally I fixed my oil pressure gauge issues. After getting another aux gauge to test that end, I had the same issue. I have now tried three different second hand senders to no avail. The wiring now all tested good so I was still scratching my head.
    I was going to buy a new sender from TPS but they are on back order and will be £100 plus vat when they do come in.
    I got this Intermotor one. It’s a straight fit and looks good quality. Fingers crossed it lasts. It was £29.

When fitted, everything was working as it should. Phew.

There is a diaphragm in the sender. My theory is that this perishes over time, approximately 25 years to be precise!
    Hence, three apparently good second hand senders were all broke.

Just the wheel bearing issue to fix now.

Leave a comment:

• John.
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Mr Auto. Been very good so far. Part of the PSA group.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by John. View Post

….and the Meyle ones came from where?
    Mr Auto. Been very good so far. Part of the PSA group.

Leave a comment:

• John.
    replied
    Yep, febi ones came from Autodoc.
    ….and the Meyle ones came from where?

Leave a comment:

• Lago Blue
    replied
    Although this sounds rather obvious, it may be that simply asking for a top-mount similar to the original is not enough. Perhaps ask oneself what mount characteristics would be most desirable? For example descriptors such as a particular brand name, price range, colour, height, and even country of origin, are often heard but these are not discriminating enough; if a long-term solution is being sought. Less often discussed but more worthwhile would be factory-correct fender-turret mount receiver cup fit, demonstrated absence of NVH (noise vibration and harshness) and high load capacity over time, vertical mount failure prevention and avoided future costs. To not choose with these in mind is to repeat an experiment in which (30 years on!), the outcome is well known.

Further, given that all OEM type top-mounts are not created equal, but that they all do fail early, what if several repute-ables were tested for peak load capacity and durability, the best one (and the latest original factory-fitted mount) was reinforced to increase its service life, and then it was tested for a few years by fellow forum members (zero failures so far)?

Ergo Strut-Stops - when you're ready to get off the top-mount carousel.
    Last edited by Lago Blue; 21 October 2021, 17:36.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by John. View Post

Where did you get them from, Autodoc again?
    Yep, febi ones came from Autodoc. I've deleted my account with them. Not using them again, EVER!
    You think you are getting a bargain but cheap is no good when they keep sending the wrong stuff and don't want it back!

Leave a comment:

• John.
    replied
    The green HD Meyle ones.
    Where did you get them from, Autodoc again?

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    I had a terrible rattle on my Competition too. I cut out circles from a gym floor mat and put them in. Nice and quite after that Shame the car just sits in my front yard rotting away by the Urs6... I drive the S6 now and again though. Need to get the compi sorted!

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Hopefully this will stop it rubbing my new paint off!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X