New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Hi John. No, I haven't but it floods very quickly. Maybe too much fuel? Would that be a faulty FPR?
    My mechanic thinks its timing because when we swapped the coil feed plugs on the original twin coil packs we got pops and bangs. Correctly installed, nothing, but we still have spark.
    I would expect if the FPR was to fail it would likely cause low pressure?......anyone?

I can see why your mechanic suspects timing.

Comment

• Did you check the injectors aren’t leaking? Take off the fuel rail and check them under pressure and also the spray pattern. You’ll need to stub your fag out first
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Did you check the injectors aren’t leaking? Take off the fuel rail and check them under pressure and also the spray pattern. You’ll need to stub your fag out first
        They were all tested and cleaned but I will do that tomorrow.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It is a mystery as to why it would run OK then fail to run at all after standing for a bit. Ive had starting trouble due to more than one injector leaking on shut down. I know you had them cleaned and tested already but easy enough to test and see what is actually going on. Clutching at straws but is it possible for the moving part in the injectors to get stuck open from when it last ran? My previously ultrasonically cleaned ISV got stuck after 6 weeks of not running. Idle was all over the place!

Be sure to post the results - there are lots of people on the edge of their seats waiting for the fix!
          ​​​​​

Comment

• If you want to post them to me Dave I can check them and post back this week if that helps chap

Comment

• Originally posted by LSG View Post
              If you want to post them to me Dave I can check them and post back this week if that helps chap
              Cheers. I will test them on the rail first.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Where is the best place to get a FPR?
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Give the injectors a whack with a spanner and see if that frees them up.

Comment

• Hey Dave...... How annoying for you!

Have you been messing about in the boot? On the drivers side inner rear quarter is a central locking pump, I believe some element of the vehicle security is based in there. When mine was painted I removed it and hey presto the car would turn over but would not start! Water ingress can also rust up the plugs on it.

PS. I did get mine detailed, and still haven't fixed the fan etc - I'm going to have to pay someone as I'm never finding the time to get out there and recently had a knee operation so cant kneel down properly for a fair while. If you can do wiring and electrics - Fancy a paid drive out!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                      Hey Dave...... How annoying for you!

Have you been messing about in the boot? On the drivers side inner rear quarter is a central locking pump, I believe some element of the vehicle security is based in there. When mine was painted I removed it and hey presto the car would turn over but would not start! Water ingress can also rust up the plugs on it.

PS. I did get mine detailed, and still haven't fixed the fan etc - I'm going to have to pay someone as I'm never finding the time to get out there and recently had a knee operation so cant kneel down properly for a fair while. If you can do wiring and electrics - Fancy a paid drive out!?
                      Hi Trist
                      Thanks for that. Something else to check.
                      I will send you a PM. Happy to help if I can.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

They were all tested and cleaned but I will do that tomorrow.
                        It’s not uncommon for them to seize up after cleaning, often you will be told not to leave them without running for too long after. Also you could have contaminated the lines with dirt, grit, swarf etc during the rebuild
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Here are my coil pack connectors when the car was running last. Brown to light brown and black to black.

The below is from another working S2. Brown to black.

Which is right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          That looks familiar. That was the way mine was when I put it all back together. As you know I had the engine out, which is why there's small white dots on the connector boots so that I didn't get it mixed up when putting it all back together.

Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

• It’s easy - one connector has 3 terminals, the other has 4.
                            I already gave you this info
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404
                              It’s easy - one connector has 3 terminals, the other has 4.
                              I already gave you this info
                              Yes you did Alex. I was just wondering (as you do when your car won’t play ball).

Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Had a good day today. I’ve been the 60 miles up to Brecon and spent a few hours with Trist. We tried my ECU on his car and it fired straight up. Phew! What a relief.
                                Then we spent some time on his car looking for his electrical gremlin. And, we think we had success there as we found corrosion up the wires on the bottom rad sensor connector.
                                Trist has kindly lent me a good crank sensor which I will try on my car.
                                Whilst looking over his car and chatting to Trist I solved another issue on my car. I alway had a spare vac pipe not connected to anything. This pipe is for the cruise control that someone removed before I had the car!

Trist is a very lucky person as his S2 is stunning!
                                And very kind for helping me out!

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 8 June 2019, 20:43.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X