• Pull codes?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steve briance View Post
      Leave the plugs out overnight or get in there with an airline to get air flowing and evaporating any fuel lingering in their.

It might be worth having a look for leaking injectors. It is surprising how little it takes dribbling out after shut down to cause starting trouble. 2 out of 5 on my 7a dribbled and not very much. It was much better at starting when I swapped them out.
      Thanks, I will give that a go.
      LSG cleaned and tested my injectors and they were all good. Hopefully not leaking.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
        Pull codes?
        My code reader is C##P
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Last resort will be to ring my mate with VAGCOM . He isn't cheap
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
            Thanks everyone for advice.
            Did the spark test. All good.
            I tried trimming a little off each coil pencil as I’m not 100% they are properly reaching the plugs.

Then cleaned all the plugs (they were wet) and tried again. A little spluttering but still wouldn’t start.
            I may have to get another set of coil pencils. These are 1cm shorter than the ones Newsh measured for me back a few pages and possibly not making good contact to the plugs.
            Is there a way to purge a flooded engine? Is the ABY prone to flooding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I was hoping to use the newer style coils in my V8 but also found the coils a bit short, I wasn't aware there were different lengths.

I was going try extending the plug tops so bought 10mm brass standoffs, kind of side lined it so never actually tried them as I just wanted to get the car up and running. I might have to revisit it again now I'm on the road although I could never find out if the outer body of the coil has to be in contact with the outside of the plug as with the standoff it comes up short.

Comment

• Good point. When you push the plug fully into the pencil it goes all the way to the top of the nut part of the plug and the nut acts as a stop, making contact at the same time.
              I didn't realise there were two lengths either. You live and learn
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yes Dave all of your injectors were ultrasonically cleaned, spray paten good and no leaking at all. I don't think you have anything to worry about but if you want me to double check them for peace of mind just pop them in the post mate.

Comment

• Took all the plugs out and gave each cylinder a good blow out with the air hose.

Quite a lot of petrol mist came out of each cylinder.
                  Left it for a couple of hours before replacing the cleaned plugs (new ngk).
                  Put it all back together.
                  Still wouldn’t start.
                  I’ve ordered 5 new Bosch coil packs from local auto parts centre. Will be in stock tomorrow.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I have wings

Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I went to collect my Bosch coil packs today and found that they were the same length as the ones I already have . These were meant to be identical to the 115E version
                      Ordered 5 Beru ZSE034 from Amazon.

While I'm waiting for those, any tips on fitting new front wings?

Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I made a start on fitting the wings today.
                        The guy who painted them for me said to leave it for a couple of days while they harden off.
                        Straight away I realised a problem. I have these bumper mounts.

They appear to be for a Coupe. I bought them in a job lot of parts.
                        The part I need is 8a0807283 and 284. Any one have a spare pair?

Also, I don’t seem to have anything inside the bumper for them to attach to. Shouldn’t there be a bracket bonded in there as well?

Anyway, cracked on.
                        Fitted the side bits.

Riveted the rear bracket and fitted the plastic inner covers. I had to improvise as I didn’t have a plastic captive nut big enough. Stainless screw and two stainless washers.

I’m going to do a test fit then remove everything for a coat of rust busters before final fit.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Those bumper brackets are for regular Audi 80 bumper, you don't need them. S2 bumper attaches with 4 or 5 bolts on the front and 2 (?) in each wheelarch.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
                            Those bumper brackets are for regular Audi 80 bumper, you don't need them. S2 bumper attaches with 4 or 5 bolts on the front and 2 (?) in each wheelarch.
                            That's great news. Thank you very much
                            Last edited by Tractor Dave; 26 May 2019, 08:27.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                              I went to collect my Bosch coil packs today and found that they were the same length as the ones I already have . These were meant to be identical to the 115E version
                              Ordered 5 Beru ZSE034 from Amazon.

While I'm waiting for those, any tips on fitting new front wings?

Dave the correct Beru part no. is ZSE032.
                              there is a huge amount of incorrect cross-reference information in the aftermarket. don’t trust the internet or big business.
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thanks Alex. It's my typo. I have ordered the correct ZSE032.
                                I now have five of the older style for sale if anyone wants them? They are genuine VAG red top for the older tsfi engine. All giving a good spark.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X