Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yep.
      Looking back old posts, error404 recommended 225/50, it has the same sidewall heigt as 205/55. But 225/55 has 11.4% more sidewall height.
      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by M2ki
        Yep.
        Looking back old posts, error404 recommended 225/50, it has the same sidewall heigt as 205/55. But 225/55 has 11.4% more sidewall height.
        Yes, I bought them on recommendation!
        Anyone got some spacers for sale. Looks like I’m going to need 4 as the back tyre is nearly touching the suspension arm as well
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I can’t blame anyone but myself. For some reason I got 225/55 instead of the recommended 225/50.
          I get on well with the tyre man so hopefully he will take these back and fit the right ones. These are unused.
          So, let me be 100% sure, 225/50 will work fine, no problems?

Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Ok. New tyres on order and will be fitted next week. This gave me time to think about the handbrake cable return spring touching the inner wheel rim.
            I thought a slightly smaller spring might work. So, ordered two A3 springs from eBay (mon motors cardiff- genuine Audi - only £6 posted).
            Did a trial fit. A bit fiddly as the hook profile is slightly different.

Old vs New

And they work!
            Still very tight but no longer touching.

Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Can you not fit them the other way round?

E. G.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1qv1xa...pg_640x640.jpg

Comment

• I did try that but the hooks on either end of the spring don’t engage properly and it will fall off.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• - Just an idea: Old hands might remember this, Inoperative Handbrake (Peter Schulz) rear caliper park brake spring mod at 20V.org. The Ford Granada spring is fitted directly in place of the original:

http://20v.org/brakprob.htm#handbrake

- It may be that your caliper lever is similar enough that this mod's Ford springs (#20 at below link) will work or could be made to work for you and not protrude as currently. The unique bolt that is paired with the spring here protrudes sufficiently when fully tightened that one end of the spring hooks around it:

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/64/no/0/1903/16917/73359/

- Here's some photos of a 7A Coupe rear caliper to give you some idea of how the stock 7A and Ford spring mounts:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog...BRKCAL_pg1.htm

Comment

• That's all very useful. Thank you very much. You are a top man
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• So, got my tyres changed over. The guy was happy to take the old ones back as they haven't been used and it didn't cost me anything. Unfortunately, one was damaged on the rim during changing
                      I will get that fixed at a later date.
                      So, back to camber settings. Something is not right as the camber is way off and I have no adjustment left. I found this old post which MAY explain what's going on.
                      https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...nt-ball-joints
                      I'm just wondering if I have the wrong ball joints? I need the bottom of the wheel to move out, away from the car. I seem to have the shorter version. My wishbones are pressed steel.
                      Another possibility is that I have fitted the ball joints on the wrong sides. I took pics of what came off the car and both sides had the ball joints angled back. Looking in the Haynes manual for the Audi 80 they are shown angled forwards. Its so long since I did this job, I cant really remember exactly how I checked left from right. I'm pretty sure I used the part numbers to identify them.
                      Anyone have any suggestions?
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Go and have a mate

Comment

• Originally posted by LSG View Post
                          Go and have a mate
                          You don't have to remind me to do that
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Ball joint angled to the rear on mine with the wishbone offset to the front.

Comment

• Thanks for that. Mine looks the same. I have just checked 7Zap and I appear to have the correct ball joints. They are Meyle 1160107175 and 7177. 7Zaps shows them facing back as well. I will have to think on this overnight and have another look tomorrow. I wonder if my top suspension bush hasn't located in the housing correctly? Can't think of any other reason why the camber should be so far out.
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Dave,

Re "back to camber settings." If you haven"t already, would it now not help to undo the adjustment you made previously to the strut / hub connections and as Error also pointed out earlier, to roll the car back and forth (if it hasn't been moved since the wheels were re-mounted) a few times to allow the tires to move outward and the front suspension to fully settle?

Comment

Working...
                                X