No announcement yet.

New S2 Avant Nothelle N300 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My alternator belt was squawking. Not all the time but enough to be annoying.
    I tightened it up a bit more and it stopped but I was worried this was too tight and might damage my alternator pulley.
    So, swapped over to a new gates belt and it’s totally silent. The old (new) belt was a Contitech one but obviously not up to the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Once they've slipped a few times the rubber can get polished, and become misshapen, so they no longer fit the vee properly -new belt is the answer, as you've found

Comment

• I’ve never been happy with my headliner job. I had a few wrinkles and after my trips this year when the car sat in the sun once or twice, it had started to sag in places. My door cards had also decided it was time to start peeling off and deposit yellow goo everywhere!
        So, not wanting to mess about this time, I’m taking everything to a professional trimmer for black alcantara.
        The headliner came off really easily this time. Less than two hours and that was taking my time so I didn’t damage anything.

My passenger front door card is missing a few of the hooks. Has anyone got a broken or scrap door card spare?
        I could cut the hooks off and re bond.

Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• And I've found my old Nothelle wheels. Hopefully some news on that front soon. They might come with a little bonus as well
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Would you mind if we saw what you thought were bad wrinkles?

No schadenfreude of course

Comment

• I think I posted pics previously but will have a look
              Trimmer said I hadn't done a bad job. He had seen much worse.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                Would you mind if we saw what you thought were bad wrinkles?

No schadenfreude of course
                Had a look and don't seem to have the pics anymore. Some of the pics have also disappeared from the thread

I have been chatting to another member and apparently the £400 for recovering my 4 door cards in alcantara, roof liner and A pillar trims in black fabric is very reasonable. If the guy does a good job, I am happy to pass his details on to anyone who wants them. 4 door cards £200 and roof liner £200.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• My door cards and headliner have been re covered. The trimmers have done a good job.

Before I start putting everything back together again, I need to fix some door card hooks. A friend had some spare early A6 door cards and the hooks are very similar. I cut a few off and ground down to match the 80 ones. Hopefully they will hold.

I’m using a solvent plastic weld to start with then I’m going to use an epoxy around the joints to strengthen.

I had a small weep around the turbo oil return pipe. I managed to find an original new gasket and changed it. I put a little rtv on the gasket just to make sure. Oil changed at the same time. I’ve gone for Fuchs 10w60 this time to try it. Some swear by the stuff others say it’s too thick. Having checked the original owners handbook, it’s a grade approved for mild climates so I don’t think it will do any harm. I don’t use the car in the winter at all.

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 20 October 2021, 10:46.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Headlining and door cards look good Dave. Let me know when you fancy popping up to help me get mine out. Cards I can manage but headlining I'm not so sure about

Comment

• Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                      Headlining and door cards look good Dave. Let me know when you fancy popping up to help me get mine out. Cards I can manage but headlining I'm not so sure about
                      Will do mate
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Headliner and door cards all fitted. Took three times longer than removing.

I’m missing one small spring clip that holds the door pull wire onto the inside of the handle if anyone has a spare.
                        Also, having difficulty getting the front Allen keys to grip the hooks on the front door handles. Scratching my head. Have I done something wrong, maybe put the hook on incorrectly. Defo got the correct sides hooks (they are marked L and R).
                        Overall I’m happy. The trimmers left excess material around the handles and light holes, so I had to trim slightly. I would rather this than not have enough.
                        As has been said before, getting the material into the gap on the door card isn’t quite as good as factory finish but acceptable. I repainted my sun visors as for some reason they were tacky and sticking to the headliner. I used a different brand of plastic paint this time and they have come out nicely.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Looks good from here. I too had some issues trying to refit the door grab handle after recovering my door card. I think is it just a combination of the tight holes in the handle, the odd angle you have to access it from and the age and warp of some of the components...?
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Handles gripping door brackets...

Three things ive learnt:
                            Is the allen key actually in the allen bolt? There 'should' be a plastic guide moulded into the handle to guide key into bolt. Mine are missing and it's easy to think you are doing the bolt up when you arent.

Make sure the clamps are open. They need to have not closed up again somehow as that will make it difficult for the bracket to slide in.

Make sure you 'steer' the bracket into the slot formed by the two halves of the clamps. Its possible to feel engaged but the bracket is actually next to the clamp and free to move. This is tricky as you cant see in there so its done by feel. Maybe try adjusting handle position one way then the other if you find it doesnt work when trying to refit.

Keep going, it came off so will go back!

​​​​​​
                            ​​
                            ​​​

Comment

• Thanks guys. I will have another play tomorrow.
                              I started work on the Coupe this afternoon
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Everything Steve says above ^^^
                                Also!
                                The new material is probably thicker and you’ll have to push the handle hard against the door for the clamp to engage in the v in the bracket.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X