Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying an S2 Coupe - Am I walking into a world of pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto , we need updates

Comment

Now the proud owner of a 95 s2 couple in green! Been a long day and driven over 450 miles back home and the car drove perfectly. Will post up more details tomorrow and some pics

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

Best result -no fire

Comment

Looking forward to hearing all about it .

Comment

We love pics
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

First pic of the car will do some more later.
                20211003_081324 (Large).jpg

Some people will recognise the car as let's face it there are not many S2 coupes for sale at the moment. I did go well over my budget but the car has only 107K on the clock and has been stored out of the rain for the last 13 years. There is minor surface corrosion over the subframes and the passenger side wing but was given a nice rust free wing with the sale. Car does have a cream, interior but if I end up hating it then I will buy a black interior and store the cream one so they could be refitted.

So faults with the car so far.
                Thermostat has failed, car does not get up to temp and I've had this on so many Audi's over the years.
                Brakes are truly awful, I've no confidence in them at all.
                Central lock pump appears to run on when unlocking the car (but is working fine).
                Headlight bulbs are awful like have two lit matches in front of the bumper.
                Temperature control knob needs to be looked at as it's very stiff.
                Sunroof has rusted and needs replacing. I got a rust free spare with the car.
                Also in need of all the fluids replacing in the car, coolant, brakes, oil, pas, etc.
                There is also a few bits of trim I'm not happy with so will be replaced.
                Going to get a leather expert to look at the drivers seat and refurbish it, it's not bad but I would like it to look at little better if possible.

The car also came with these 18" Alloys which I will be selling as I going back to the 16" OEM Avus alloys which came with the car. They are in unmarked condition, so will be up for sale at some point soon, just need to find out what they are worth.
                20211003_081414 (Large).jpg

Also got a good few compliment about the car on the way home which was nice.
                Last edited by B5NUT; 3 October 2021, 12:17.

Comment

Where are you based? I'm sure there will be some local owners who will be happy to help with the list of work needed..

Comment

Shameless plug, I have a set of tidy buy in need of a powder coat Avus 16s with good tyres for sale..

Comment

The current wheels are genuine BBS split rims usually found as a factory upgrade on MK1 Audi TT. I'd imagine they would sell well on a TT forum

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                        Where are you based? I'm sure there will be some local owners who will be happy to help with the list of work needed..
                        Based in Darlington, happy to meet up with fellow S2 owners

The current wheels are genuine BBS split rims usually found as a factory upgrade on MK1 Audi TT. I'd imagine they would sell well on a TT forum
                        Thanks for the offer, I did get a set of S2 Avus wheels with the car so they are of to be refurbished tomorrow.

Thanks Soon as the S2 Alloys have been refurbished I'll stick them up for sale.

Comment

Also spotted Speedo Mick yesterday, and the weather was horrible in Cornwall. Have upmost respect for that guy.respekt.gif
                          Last edited by B5NUT; 3 October 2021, 21:21.

Comment

Looks like a very nice car. Well done
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

As Edd China would Say Top tip! When you by a car from your local Audi dealer for christ sake don't let them service it!

What do you think due for replacement
                              airsomething1.JPG
                              Filter was so dirty it's been sucked towards the fan and age has helped it fall apart.

airsomething2.JPG

Comment

Ouch!
                                91 Modded 3B
                                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X