No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V - Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plenty of work to be getting on with Tom. How long until its all on the car?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Thanks Greg I am not quiet sure, because it depends on how quick i collect all parts which is need and it depends on money But at the end of the year 2019 (around October/November) i have MOT and i want to pass with my old engine and after that i want to swap engines.But i am not stressed with that build, because i could drive my car still, so till the new engine will be completely done i dont want to swap it. You never know what could happened So i think that this way is better than build inside car engine and couldnt drive it
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Hey guys, today i welded second -AN8 fitting onto fuel rail which i get yesterday :/ , need to weld some fuel pressure sensor bung/nut on rail, so i hope next week i get mine fuel pressure sensor. I also get Volvo Vacuum switch for my Vacuum pump. Next week i get mine 76mm Bosch Drive by wire throttle body, and i want to make a "downpipe" but its goes up Does anyone have K thermo couplers? One before turbo in collector and second in downpipe?
        I also have finished my oil sump plug for Bosch oil temp sensor and one AN16 fitting and threads inside oil sump for baffle plate mounting . Maybe this week i wil made oil catch can (pictures below). I have almost everything except warm in my garage so its little bit hard to stay for a while

Cheers

Comment

• Today i finished my fuel rail with welded -AN8 fittings and fitting for Fuel pressure sensor, get mine RS3/ TT RS (Thanks Alex Error404 for advice ) Drive by wire throttle body, fuel pressure sensor, water temperature sensor. Hopefully next week i get mine exhaust manifold, so i can make my "up pipe" just for to be sure that everything fits .
          Any idea how to pressure test fuel rail? I cant mount on my car, but i want to test before i put it to powder coating

Comment

• Hey Tom, did you test fit the fuel rail? I looked at mounting the sensor on the end of the rail and there was not space for it there on my car.
            You can pressure test with air - make sure you go to at least 6 bar test pressure to be sure.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Error404 Hey Alex, no i dont test fitment I will be using AN8 FPR and my self made intake manifold, not OEM, so i hope and pray it will fit I was looking on engine bays with 3B fuel rail and different intakes What intake you actually using?
              Last edited by Tom_; 9 December 2018, 20:55.

Comment

• Today i get my oil pan and snub mount powdercoated. Looks really nice. I weld stainless steel -AN6 fitting on the oem fr freeze plug, reweld T4 flange. Finally i get my intake manifold flange, so i can build my own intake manifold. I also get bigger oil filter, the rest of NGK spark plugs, SACHS clutch bearing, fuel pressure regulator, 50mm bov and more. Need to weld 50mm wasteage flange with piece of 2,4mm ss pipe, but there is really cold so inside garage is not the best conditions for work inside
                Also test fitmen turbo on headers to see how it looks. Already bought some band saw, so i could cut pipes and make downpipe and other things..

Comment

• **** , i forget to update topic Nevermind...do it now...So finally i get some more parts...I bought AAN head, which today i bring back from machine shop...So head is drilled (for stroker) cleaned, test pressure done and change exhaust guides as i have Supertech exhaust valves and all seals and grind new seats for exhaust valves...
                  Few weeks earlier i weld some wastege flange and some bov flange and make a JIG for making a new exhaust manifold...that one is only for taking measurements...then i made 3mm thick EM from 321ss...
                  I Got some stainless steels bends and pipes , all 89mm then some stainless box for making new crossmember, then crank locking tool... I bought 600x300x100 intercooler and grind inside block, which i think this month i go to machine shop to grind/hone cylinders and skim...Then only order pistons , clutch,ECU and some small bits like ajdustable cam gear, Walbro pump and here we go (i hope so)
                  In meantime i made 3" Downpipe for my friends E30 Turbo and i am trying to increase my weld skills. Then i forget that head flange need to be really precise, because of water manifold, so now i am waiting for taking the red areas out and then i can start to made my own intake manifold
                  I am not sure if anybody read this text If yes, hope you like it
                  Enjoy some pictures

Comment

• I totally forget about updating my topic , but I think that everyone these days is more on Facebook than on regular forums. But few pictures from my ongoing engine build. Now need to find the real TDC, then prepare/mount the head and other engine bits and then I will be making a new engine harness together with Maxxecu RACE ECU.

Comment

• Another progress was made yesterday. Need to buy injectors, new custom head washers ordered, and cams will use an AAN. Still need to buy/make a new intake manifold and exhaust manifold. Slowly getting there, but the main thing, progress is there, a small one, but there.
                      Just one question, could be used an signal from head temperature sensor to the stock gauges? I want to get rid of that MFTS sensor and the second 2 pin as well.

Comment

• In case, there is someone who is reading this topic
                        Engine update:
                        -Made pulley bracket from aluminum
                        -Made T adapter for stock oil pressure sensor with aftermarket pressure sensor for ECU
                        -Bought MaxxEcu Race
                        -Modified intake manifold and put it in powder coat
                        -Some parts bought from Finjector, 1000cc bosch injectors, Walbro 525 fuel pump, Bosch motorsport Fuel Filter
                        -Turbo is mounted,
                        -Turbo feed/outlet is done
                        -New alternator with is mounted

x Water manifold has to be modified
                        x Flywheel with a clutch has to be mounted
                        x Coils with spark plugs have to be mounted
                        x Engine starter has to be mounted
                        x New engine wiring has to be made
                        x Vacuum brake booster is waiting to be swapped together with the electronic throttle pedal

Last edited by Tom_; 8 September 2022, 11:41.

Comment

• Amazing!

Comment

• Hi,

Looks really good!

Did you make the adaptor for the oil pressure/temp sensor? I need a long one to fit my sensor but they all look too shallow.

Regards

Jase

Comment

• Des: Thanks

Jaswan: Thanks . My friend made it accordingly to me. I am not sure how that bosch sensor is long, but there is a space between the two of them. Maybe I will find some more pictures of that adapter or sensor p/n.

Comment

• that turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X