My Pelican blue 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!
    Just came back from workshop where I did oil change.

@voursch sprung dirch - if you need any help, post here or write me a message

@macspring - rim are from D2 A8. 5x112 R17 8J ET48 forged and polished. I borrowed this one from friend for test fit if everything works and most likely will go for set of these. TT rims, called "Fat fives" has bit more square shape spokes. They are my second option as well as R18 A8 sport.
    Door lights. I took both lamps and complete wiring from C5 A6 doors. It also contains LED for pull trigger illumination. There's enough space at the bottom so no metal cutting needed. For red one there's two options - cut door metal or cut light itself, use LEDs instead of bulb and glue it to doorcard. I went second way.

These will be going to rear doors. These lamps also can be used for rear footwell illumination by installing them at the back of front seats as it is in C5.

@nimo781 - I'd say it wasn't hard, just some imagination and creativity to glue around corners. Biggest problem is top corner of A pillar because of its angle. I'm not a professional retrimmer or anything like that, but I did it at first try so no space engineering involved here. You can try using just a regular cloth and will see if you can do it or better give it to someone else

And most recent picture from today

Comment

Hi, thanks for the replies to my post.

I presume you are are on the look out for an S2 front bumper, and ellipsoids ?

I'm not selling any, but just curious.

Kind regards.

Comment

Yes, you're right. I'm on look for them, but they just are not at the top of priority list.

Here's closeups from door lights:

Very nice option and quite easy to fit. Recommended

Since I installed electric boot opening, I was unable to get into boot without remote (well, except through ski opening in rear seat. I've done that a few times and it looks hilarious with myself being almost 2 meters tall ) . So now there's button for that

Here's fire extinguisher bracket I told before. Attaches at the front of drivers seat.

And speaking of rare parts, today I got this:

This fits in center console where aux gauges normally are and was fitted to police cars. Sure there's some parts missing and someone has done unnecessary work with drill and file here. Most likely I will not fit it to car because I prefer aux gauges there, but I caught myself having a new hobby to collect rare B3/B4 parts even if I'm not going to use them on my car.

Comment

man. what a work. 5 stars!

i do somethings i like to do in my b4 80s avant 1995.....

the doors panel, the roof, badges in matte, but theres one in special. i got the key, the flip key...

but, theres nothing inside...is for replace oem.... what a need to do to get this key working??? can u help me?

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
            Thanks!
            Just came back from workshop where I did oil change.

@voursch sprung dirch - if you need any help, post here or write me a message

@macspring - rim are from D2 A8. 5x112 R17 8J ET48 forged and polished. I borrowed this one from friend for test fit if everything works and most likely will go for set of these. TT rims, called "Fat fives" has bit more square shape spokes. They are my second option as well as R18 A8 sport.
            Door lights. I took both lamps and complete wiring from C5 A6 doors. It also contains LED for pull trigger illumination. There's enough space at the bottom so no metal cutting needed. For red one there's two options - cut door metal or cut light itself, use LEDs instead of bulb and glue it to doorcard. I went second way.

These will be going to rear doors. These lamps also can be used for rear footwell illumination by installing them at the back of front seats as it is in C5.

@nimo781 - I'd say it wasn't hard, just some imagination and creativity to glue around corners. Biggest problem is top corner of A pillar because of its angle. I'm not a professional retrimmer or anything like that, but I did it at first try so no space engineering involved here. You can try using just a regular cloth and will see if you can do it or better give it to someone else

And most recent picture from today

Can I ask if you used the stock wiring loom for the door well lights where did you connect them to? Did you use diodes to allow them to turn on only when the specific door is open rather than all of them turning on when one door is opened?

Comment

@gabrielm - Thanks!
              To get fully working flipblade key, there's two options - complete central locking pump swap from 97 and up A3, A6, A8 or get aftermarket alarm kit from Rightclick, they had flipblade keyfobs. I went OEM way and did pump and HAA type key swap.

@A80Avant - I used stock wiring from C5 doors, but that was just to make things easier. Wiring for door lamps is very simple - positive 12v from fusebox line 30 through fuse to door lights, ground through door contact switches. If you want lights to come up only on door you open, you must install front door contact switches on rear doors because they has 2 pins - one for central locking, other can be used for door lights.
              If this was hard to understand or you need a wiring diagram, I can draw one, no problems.

Comment

thanks. I will install an alarm aftermarket. - I'll also get to do the windows go up when the alarm trigger. - what do you think??

I'll do a similar finish on doors. I liked a lot.... if you look, the doors are a bit ugly....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IJXSTAwonV...0/DSC01756.JPG

and. tell me about this armrest...

I miss an armrest in this car because in my other car (a3 8l 180cv 2005) has...

your car looks great!

Comment

Armrest is from C4 A6. C4 seats already has a bracket for armrest, but on those who does not have, you can just weld a nut with thread on the side of backrest. But note that backrest adjustment knob on B3/B4 seats is on inside, on C4 seats it's on outside. On non-folding seats you can just swap backrests so knob will be on outside and you can install armrest. Great option indeed, I also miss it when I'm driving cars that doesn't have one.

Updates?

Well, here's another option that some might find useful (I did ):

Cargo net. Avants already has rings for the net, saloons does not. I took rings from B5 saloon. Rear ones are direct fit same way as on B5, front ones are bolted with bolt that secures seat backrest to chassis. Net itself is from C5 I guess.

Wanted to continue working on memory mirrors "project". Everything works on the table, but it turned out that motors on C4 are upside down - it works opposite when installed in B4 mirror housing. I could re-wire controls to get mirror working right, but it will still tilt in wrong way when car is in reverse gear. but it's just a question of few beers to make it work

Also gave some front suspension and brake parts to sandblast and powdercoat.

Comment

so much original stuff going on with this car, love it!

Comment

Wow. You like to keep busy

Very nice car and some great info!

Jason

Comment

Good morning!
                        A little help needed - what's the biggest brake disk size that fits under standard S2 brakes? Found some options with larger diameter and the same offset as standard, but I gave my calipers for sandblasting/powdercoat so can't measure them myself.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Little caliper mode- 288mm, but i think you don't mode caliper, because caliper have new powdercoat. OEM 276mm is good size for your 90 hp
                          without Turbo is no future

Comment

three Latvian's meeting here. :mrgreen:
                            Audi A8 D2 brake discs (323 mm), pads + RS2 or similar calipers needed. Or follow Arts suggestion.
                            Last edited by audi4fun; 27 March 2014, 21:17.
                            Owner of www.audiScars.lv
                            ex-Audi S2 Coupe '96
                            ex-Audi S2 Coupe '93
                            ex-Audi S2 Coupe '91

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                              C4 seats already has a bracket for armrest, but on those who does not have, you can just weld a nut with thread on the side of backrest. But note that backrest adjustment knob on B3/B4 seats is on inside, on C4 seats it's on outside. On non-folding seats you can just swap backrests so knob will be on outside and you can install armrest.
                              So are the C4 seats a straight fit on B4 80? Oh... and I've got another question for you. On one of your previous photos I can see the rear electric windows on/off switch on drivers door is actually illuminated? How? Is it supposed to be illuminated? I own 2 B4 80 Avants and it's not illuminated on any of them.

Comment

love it, impressive work u made !

u got any pics info, on the interior retrim ?

i v got to find one, always loved the 80 !!
                                S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Working...
                                X