RichLV's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichLV's UrS4

18z brake swap is fully prepped on parts department. All that is needed now is a rebuild of the calipers themselves. Sourcing pistons was a bit of a challenge, but I got it done. Calipers should be done during this week, luckily, swap will be done on Saturday. Calipers may prove a bit of a handful, since I had most of the pistons seized.

For the parts I picked:
    - Full Frenkit seals & pistons kits
    - Zimmermann 4.2 C6 (347x30) rotors
    - Ferodo 17z brake pads
    - HEL braided black brake lines
    - TRW pad hardware
    - TRW wear sensors

Comment

• I'm now rocking 18z calipers at the front. They are massive. And bleeding them is a challenge.

Will need to bleed them again in a week, as the brake pedal is a bit spongy. Gave the car to my good friend to drive, as with the weather here I'm only commuting on my motorized two wheel friend, yet the brakes still need to settle in.

Comment

• Passed MOT a month ago. Some drama there with the big front brakes. They did not like the 16mm shims. Will redesign the shims to be like plates, so they look more like caliper carriers.

Exhaust parts have finally arrived.

2 Magnaflow mufflers & 3 inch V-bands. All the necessary 3 inch piping is already on hand. Will begin reworking the exhaust soon.

Comment

• I'm now a proud owner of a custom built 3 inch exhaust with 2 Magnaflow cans.

Downpipe was a nightmare to measure and build but we got it done. All flanges are cut from stainless steel. Turbo flange is the same 18mm thick as the original.

The sound is fairly quiet, but gives off a lot of bass. True 5-pot tone can be heard throughout.

Also finally got long searched A8 R18 Swings from the paintshop and they are already on the car.

Regular maintenance was also due, so the oil was changed to the same 5w40 Motul, along with oil, air & fuel filter, all Knecht/Mahle. Following advice from some forum members, I've upgraded to an oversize filter - OC105.

Next step is to get injectors, decide on the engine management and finally bolt up the K24-7200 disguised Holset turbo, and get the limo going like hell.

Comment

• Haven't written much lately. After the exhaust build I've just been enjoying the car. Even got a taillight. It's a chinese product, but since oems are impossible to get now, I went for it.

And finally, I bit the bullet and sold the car. One of our local enthusiasts made me an offer and I let go of it. I haven't had much time to work on it lately nor I had any desire, because I'm training 6-7 times a week, so naturally I like to rest during my free time.

I've also joined biker folks, and I like it a lot. I'm riding this:

Gave it a last ride today, and this is the last picture I took:

I'll probably stick to the forum, since we have multiple 20vT projects going on, guys want me to help with them. I'll gladly work on a project, but not on my own.

Comment

• enjoyed the thread. shame that you sold it

Comment

• Offer must've been very good to sell after all this work
                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Well, it was sensible. Technically the car was very sound, but visually it was a mess. The amount of work needed for the body work was horrendous, and honestly I don't think I was ever up to it. I sold it for 4K euros. Local prices for these are low, and the way it looked, I doubt I could sell it abroad.

Still, I lived the dream. I was 22 when I got it, which is very early for 20vT ownership here. I'm very grateful to it, even with all it's "periods", it has taught me a lot. It's engine was the first I've built by my own hands, together with my dad at times (was an old dream of mine, to build an engine with my pops). The electrics, ECU workings, and so on. I even took engine management as a topic for my bachelor's thesis, because I wanted to map the car myself when it would be ready to take some more power. So, lot's of good memories.

Right now I'm looking at a 2010-12 A4 B8 3.0TDi Quattro. Pity nothing sensible is selling currently, so I'll wait until my desired specimen shows up.

For anyone who wants the chinese taillight this is the link. I got it from a local shop, so I'm not sure if they are sending abroad.
                  http://tuningparts.lv/index.php?rout...product_id=796

Comment

• I'm 23 and have my S4, And doing best I can to not sell it on. Love it to bits that car.
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• It got to me when I changed my job. I have to go through massive traffic jams now, and my once great 11.3l/100km changed to around 16l/100km. And combined with my desire to rest and do something else I made a decision to let it go.

But at least it's in the hands of another enthusiast, who seems very hellbent on finishing what I started.

Comment

Working...
                      X