Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twoqu
    replied
    Hopefully its not too late but as you gone that far on your calipers, I would pay serious attention to the brake pad guide plates. They are notorious for trapping corrosion behind them and lifting from the caliper body causing issues with brake pads sticking.
    Basically unless they are perflectly flush with the caliper body then there is likely to be corrosion behind them. From your pics it looks as though they is an issue on the one caliper thats visible!
    Warning they are not easy to remove due to the small screws and disimiliar materials! Worth spending an evening researching the issue!

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Today i picked up some fresh "made" brackets and fasteners for the brakes and some other things.

45764-766e0c9081d9cb1749058000ce3e965a.jpg

45764-70bae500daeb97dcccbc2b6aeeb2ee27.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrath View Post
    Nice, don’t forget to change the Calipers brake line they are mild steel and rust from inside,some people forgets them
    Ok, didn't know that, thought they where copper.

Leave a comment:

• Wrath
    replied
    Nice, don’t forget to change the Calipers brake line they are mild steel and rust from inside,some people forgets them

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    The photo I sent has the complete suspension rebuilt and reinstalled I had an issue with the Bilstein shocks as they are the wrong ride height so I had to dissamsemlre the rear end. I have also just sent the wheels for refurbishment I will get some pics over to you when reinstalled.

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by joss01 View Post
    looking good I recently rebuilt the entire suspension and braking system on my RS I have never shot blasted so much surface rust from car suspension as bad as this but after painting its worth the effort
    Thanks. Yeah, there are some surface rust on my suspension parts to, but not as much as i had on my URS4 when i did the total underneat refurb. This RS2 is summer driven since it came to Sweden in 2001 and before i bought it, it was on jack stands since 2013. Any pictures of your car after you did the suspension/brake rebuild?

Leave a comment:

• joss01
    replied
    looking good I recently rebuilt the entire suspension and braking system on my RS I have never shot blasted so much surface rust from car suspension as bad as this but after painting its worth the effort
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Bolts and other stuff sendt for electrogalvanizing, calipers at the paint shop. Took like 8hr to blast and mask the calipers. Hopfully they will turn out good looking

image_76447.jpgimage_76448.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Dirty parts blasted. Will have to mask them up and clean a little more before sending it to the painter. Not sure what to do with the rear brake discs.. Maybe regular 2K paint will do it if i dont trackday the car. Any one know what new brake discs is "coated" with, like Zimmermann discs? Bolts and brackets will be galvanized yellowish.

Also i found one interesting thing about the rear drilled discs, they have a Sebro part nr, but i have no luck finding them online.
    Readings on the disc: Sebro 205804, 1.4064 and then just info about Min-thickness/diam.
    As far as i know the only place we can get them is from Audi TRS and they are like 480Euro for one disc... Any one that can check the Sebro part nr? I had no luck searching just got the regular non-drilled disks from Sebro.

45764-5ba5dd2b9e274f5e558328434cacb8d5.jpg Sebro rear-drilled disc partnr:
    45764-42e6b2b1123fdc5a5bd798ab53dce2f9.jpg

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    On the to do list now (except get the idle right) is to do some work on the brakes and wheels. Not a very big work, but still needs to be done.
    After all engine work and fault finding i need something smaller to work with during the winter.
    Calipers will be blasted and painted, rims will be refurbished, wheel nuts will be anodized black.
    Started my "winter project" today
    If some one have dust/splash shields for the front brakes or know where to buy i would be happy, Audi trs had only the left one..
    Picture of my dirty parts:
    45764-ebfda5697b00736a3b1c91096e7ceec0.jpg

Leave a comment:

• 80Comp
    replied
    Nice to see it back on the road
    Looks mint..

Leave a comment:

• _ShurikeN
    replied
    I would say 3B ducting totally differs from ADU one.

According to https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+co.../1/133-133075/
    and
    https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+co.../8/805-805000/
    the list of 3B S2 elements is following:

8A0805962
    895805985A

Leave a comment:

• s0_big
    replied
    Originally posted by shorty_94 View Post
    Could someone please provide the part numbers of the air guides?
    I can only find the numbers for 3B engine

Your RS2 looks great again!
    Amazing what you've done in this short amount of time!
    Search the forum and in the "rs2 america" created by saltinot you will find the art numbers for the air guides to the air filter box. Not all are RS2 specific. I think it's 3 or 4 that is specially for the rs2 the others is the same as S2

Leave a comment:

• shorty_94
    replied
    Could someone please provide the part numbers of the air guides?
    I can only find the numbers for 3B engine

Your RS2 looks great again!
    Amazing what you've done in this short amount of time!

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by s0_big View Post

Thanks, those guys at the meet were mostly interested in aircooled VW. So no offers this time
    I'm surprised. If you brought it to a similar show in the UK you would have had lots of "is it for sale?" comments. They tend to shut up when you tell them what it's worth though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X