X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HERO.....
    Attached Files

Comment

• i see you have used the 1.8T air temp sensor. that is not a bad idea! i might have to do that in the future

Comment

• My gearbox is fooked at the moment

Just bought a 6-speed on ebay, but I dont think it will be ready to drive anytime soon.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
          HERO.....

wich is this lovely thing???

it is for open it and then going with FREE EXHAUST and awesome Rally car sound???

Jonas, wich kind od 6 speed gearbox did you bought'? from ABY?AAN? later RS2 CRB code??
          RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
          BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
          LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• what about the altea is it running again???
            just come itll be fun promise

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
              wich is this lovely thing???

it is for open it and then going with FREE EXHAUST and awesome Rally car sound???

Jonas, wich kind od 6 speed gearbox did you bought'? from ABY?AAN? later RS2 CRB code??
              The lovely thing is a 3" 90 degree bend that lets out the exhaust under the car. It opens over 1 bar and 4000 RPM.

The 6 speed is a CGR from an ABY, it has 150.000 km on it. I dont now from what year it is from, but I might get lucky and get a late model with the wider first gear. But honestly I dont care, I dont really do 1/4 mile etc. So not that worried about the first gear.
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by RIX View Post
                what about the altea is it running again???
                just come itll be fun promise
                I'm selling the Altea and I'm getting a Suzuki Swift 1.3 DDIC instead. But yeah it is running well
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                  The lovely thing is a 3" 90 degree bend that lets out the exhaust under the car. It opens over 1 bar and 4000 RPM.

The 6 speed is a CGR from an ABY, it has 150.000 km on it. I dont now from what year it is from, but I might get lucky and get a late model with the wider first gear. But honestly I dont care, I dont really do 1/4 mile etc. So not that worried about the first gear.

and before install the ABY box,will you check it inside for rebuild complete?? for take the box for a longgggggggggg time new for your car

about the 90 degree bend.... that it is mechanical?? or electronical controled??

and what about the sound....???

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                    and before install the ABY box,will you check it inside for rebuild complete?? for take the box for a longgggggggggg time new for your car

about the 90 degree bend.... that it is mechanical?? or electronical controled??

and what about the sound....???
                    No plans for rebuilding the 6speed, I dont have the money at the moment.

Well it is controlled mechanically and electronic. The actuator that opens the butterflyvalve needs to see around 0.9 bar before it starts to open. However to avoid it creeping open. There is a solenoid valve which my eboost2 controls. Which means that the actuator wont see any boost before 4000 RPM and 1.1 bar of boost.
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• So 1½ days work and I got my new Sachs clutch fitted and also fitted my new (used) 3B flywheel (thanks Steve).

I actually found out that the previous owner have installed a Dual Mass flywheel for some odd reason. So that is up for grabs if anyone needs it?

Looking forward to some better weather so I can have a go with the VEMS unit
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                        I actually found out that the previous owner have installed a Dual Mass flywheel for some odd reason. So that is up for grabs if anyone needs it?

Looking forward to some better weather so I can have a go with the VEMS unit
                        Just out of interest what box was that running with? a 5 speed or 6? and was there the spacer in between the box and engine?

look forward to hearing how you get on with this.

Comment

• Before I fooked the gearbox a couple of years ago I used a standard S2 5 speed gearbox. When I had the gearbox rebuild they slapped on a gearbox from A4 1.9 TDI quattro and used some of the internals from the S2 box.

So no spacer but a clutch from a Audi 100 V6 2.8. Anyhow I have a 6 speed S2 avant gearbox that I want to put on the car, was supposed to go on when I did the clutch and flywheel but due to time I have to but A4 1.9 tdi box on again.
                          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Thanks for the reply, I was just curious as I have a engine running the duel mass flywheel/clutch/spacer on a 6 speed box but wanted to know if a 5 speed will bolt up and work fine as I prefer the ratios.

Comment

• So got my new 6 speed fitted and I'm almost ready to get the car running. But it was a lot of work fitting the damn gearbox. Had to remove proten, had to adjust the exhaust etc. But now it is good to go.
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• nice one Jonas..

whem you test it share your first impressions

how many hours of work are required for do the conversion?? 6? 10?

Comment

Working...
                                X