Project 450 - Will it be enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
    Check the impedance of those Ford injectors before you try them.
    They are high impedance 14.5 Ohm so I believe they should be fine. Discussed in this thread.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Good good. Just checking.
      SS

Comment

• You got me worried for a moment so had to do some searching and digging on the forum just to confirm

Because when I bought them, I did not check the impedance of the injector.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
          You got me worried for a moment so had to do some searching and digging on the forum just to confirm

Because when I bought them, I did not check the impedance of the injector.
          Me too, I'm using these on mine!
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Looks like your making great progress!!!
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Yeah it is coming along nicely
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Rolling road - results

So today we had a rolling road gathering arranged by Audiclub.dk

The results where fine I guess 367 HP at 5788 RPM and 489 NM at 4121 RPM.

Did some logging while I was on the rolling road with Zeitronix.

First the boost curve, I'm using eboost2 and RPM setpoint which means the curve is programmed for every 500 RPM. Looking at the curve now, I should properly run the same setpoint from 2500 RPM to avoid that strange bump on the curve at 3300 RPM. Currently my boost curve programming is close to this:

500-2500 RPM = 23 PSI
                3000 RPM = 23.5 PSI or something'
                3500-5000 RPM = 25 PSI
                5500 = 23 PSI
                6000 = 21 PSI
                6500-7000 = 19 PSI

Next is lambda and AFR and it seems that this a bit all over the place Anyhow at takes a nasty dive at 4500 RPM which at goes down as low as 10.7 AFR. So need to get my *** to Sweden at get the fuel sorted. That should properly give me some extra horsepower

Last is EGT which seems to be very fine but I guess that is due to the amount off fuel

Here is the Zeitronix file if anyone wants to have a look.
                You should be able to download Zeitronix software free of charge here.

Here is a couple of measurement containing the same data as above made in 4th gear on the highway on my way down there.
                Data 1
                Data 2

Some pictures from the event can be seen at this Google Picasa Album.
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Which Turbo is it?

Comment

• RS2 Turbo
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Status on project 450

So here is my new K26/k27/K29 turbocharger

It is from Ultimot.de more specs to come.

Also ordered H-beams from Aronmatic

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• with the #6 hotside, you will get better spool up time, but i wouldnt think more than 450hp because of hotside backpressure and EGTs

how come you decided to go for such an old tech. turbo though?

are you going to run VEMS on that?

Comment

• The price was right I guess, got it for 850 euro and it is brand new.

I did consider the GT3071R, but at 1800$ + shipping and tax/vat (in Denmark this is 30% and includes the shipping cost) the other seemed a cheaper alternative.

Plan is to use VEMS, but this is a winter project so I wont get going just yet. But VEMS is basicly the last thing I need.

I need to get the fuel sorted on the current setup and enjoy for the rest of the season

Just invested in a map sensor for the fuel pressure from Zeitronix, so I can see if this is what is causing my rich running.

But I do know that KKK is old school but I kinda like that

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                          with the #6 hotside, you will get better spool up time, but i wouldnt think more than 450hp because of hotside backpressure and EGTs

how come you decided to go for such an old tech. turbo though?

are you going to run VEMS on that?
                          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Is this all I need for 430 HP

So currently this is my list for the 430 HP mark:

K26/27/29 with #6 from ultimot.de which should be able to push 430 HP with ok spool up.
                            H-beam rods with APR 2000 bolts - From Aronmatic
                            Bosch Light green injectors - From a shop in the US but they are dirt cheap.
                            VEMS

But what else do I need?

Plan is to run 1.9 bar to around 5000 RPM and then let a drop off.

RS2 rod bearings
                            - Lower yellow 034 105 701
                            - Upper yellow/purple 034 105 701 B

Do I need to lower compression ratio or should I be fine on stock Compression ratio with RS2 head gasket?

What about crankshaft bearings should these be changed as well or are stock 3B ones ok?
                            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• i would say change all rod bearings and crankshaft bearings just in case,with rs2 parts.

keep compression ratio as it is, you will like it.

Comment

• du er tossig når ikke at blive færdig med den ene ting inden du skifter igen,er glad for dit valg af lader er jo selv kkk fan

vi må snart finde en dag til at mødes,hvad med rs2 knaster og portet top,når nu du er igang

vil nok sætte nye ringe i da den bliver skilt helt ad og husk at tjekke oliepumpen,lad den ligge badet i olie ellers er den færdig når du samler igen.

Vh.

Comment

Working...
                                X