Project 450 - Will it be enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking really good Jonas

I agree with Pete - just needs the RS2 mirrors to finish off the "RS2 Coupe" look (my aim)

The wheels look good too - did you buy them in Europe?
    Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

• Yeah bought the rims from ebay.de and just drove over to Germany and collected them, not the far away from Denmark.

It is RH ZW5 rims.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Today doing

So today I got the old RS2 manifold off and installed the wagner manifold.

Old RS2 manifold is off:

New EVO RS Wagner is installed:

Wastegate is back on:
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• nicceeeee

Comment

• Yeah I'm a bit excited to see how much improvement the Wagner manifold and multi coil setup will give me

The plan is to map the car at end of october and then I will get it dyno afterwards. Hoping on something near 380 BHP and 500 Nm.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Looks good..

If the OE RS2 is good for 440/450bhp what is the limit of the Evo RS?

Comment

• carsten says 500hp,but it could be a bit more than that...

Comment

• It's more than 500 for sure, it outflows the OEM SQ manifold which is good for 600 bhp.

Comment

• After some good advice from UrS4boy I decided to get a nice little fuse block to run my 5 coils from 034motorsport off.

I wanted a fuse block that has one input with +12V the possibility of running up to 30 AMP per circuit and one common ground. The reason for this is that I'm going to use the power and ground feed from my old single coil

Anyways ended up getting this little fooker from www.bluesea.com
                    I looked at s2cental and saw that the old coil is connected through a 20 AMP fuse, so going for that in the fuse block.

Here is a picture of the baby

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• anything

new jonas???
                      japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                      www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

• No I'm kinda stuck at the moment due to some fitting issues with the wastegate pipe Grrrr

I'm hoping that will get sorted on Friday and then it is on with the plan with installation of the coils

I will keep you posted, and take lots of pics.

The fuse box arrived today and the harness for the coils are on route from and should be here tomorrow. So i'm looking forward to the saturday and sunday
                        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• ok

cool, where did you buy the loom?? 034...
                          And i am wondering about that box there, are you planning on mounting the wiring for the coils through there??

Comment

• The fuse box is just for the +12V power going to each coil. Not the power going from the coil to the spark plug So that should not be a problem.

I bought the high output coil kit from 034 last time I was in the US, however they harness was not ready so I got that shipped separately.
                            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Got some work done today

Got a AAN ECU and wiring harness for 240 euro from the bay of thieves.

Started by dismantling the ECU plug in the AAN harness to figure out how to get the plugs out.

Made some labels for the ecu pins, made for all 55 five but I guess that was overkill.

Managed to move the pins around and add the new ones needed for the coils:

Lid is back on the ECU plug:

Decided to reuse the plugs that normally connects to the POS units. These will be use for the trigger signals:

The 034motorsport harness has two plugs for +12V to the coils and ground. Decided to use the +12V signal and ground from the old 3B coil. Used a ring terminal and soldered the five +12V signals and the +12V signal together instead of using the fuse box, kinda running out space in the engine bay. Only one pin is needed for ground.

Only thing that is left to do, is to connect the five trigger signals and Speed Signal to the ECU harness.

Then I need to make some bracket to mount the coils up against the firewall. I also need to move the old single coil and move some plugs around. But hoping to have the car up and running next Saturday, if all goes well.
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• hi

fikk du gaven??? got it yet

Comment

Working...
                                X