Project 450 - Will it be enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New updates:

Got around to installing my new AIT sensor today, the idea is to use it together with a Velleman K6001 temperature kit and then use the output signal from the Velleman and hook it up to my Zeitronix ZT 2 datalogger. That why I can meassure the AIT and calibrate my WI kit.

Bracket for the Sensor and the bracket welded on with the sensor:

Plug for the AIT sensor

The velleman K6001 PCB with electronics, need to get a small plastic box for the PCB:

50 PSI Mapsensor for my Zeitronix Datalogger, so I can log the boost as well:
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Happend to buy this today, ups

Guess my Hohenester RS will be up for sale soon.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Jonas ,this is the EVO wagner exhaustmanifold???

other thing, for the RS2 turbo of your project,did you changed the fuel pressure regulator,fuel pump and injectors??

FPR of 5 bar??

fuel pump 5 bar too??

green RS2 injectors maybe too??

your 3b project looks very nice and i love your car interior
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Yeah it is the EVO RS2 manifold

Iam using a 7A fuel pressure regulator, which is 4 bar vs. the RS2 fuel pressure regulator which is 3.8 bar.

Iam using a bosch motorsport 044 fuel pump and iam also using green rs2 injectors.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Just bought AAN ECU and ECU harness

Just won to ebay auctions for AAN ECU and AAN ECU harness

Paid 249,5 euro for the lot no bad if you ask me.

Which sensor are needed to convert to multi coil setup?
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• woww

its possible put working the AAN,ABY or ADU ecu in an original 3b engine???

which ar the advantages???
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• The main reason for during this is to get multi coil ignition and avoid spark hop
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Hi Jonas... lots of work going into your S2. looking very nice. Tell me when you are in the US
                  Cheers mis amigos,
                  _Anton

Comment

• Hi Anton,

Iam leaving monday morning. I will email you tomorrow when I arrive in LA.
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Okay bud, have a safe flight talk to you when you arrive. I've PMed you my mobile
                      Cheers mis amigos,
                      _Anton

Comment

• Project 400+

Thinking of going 400+ - acutally I'm already gathering parts:

Would do people think of my list, Have I forgotton something?

New injectors?

RS2 Evo wagner manifold - Check

AAN Motronic - Check

AAN ECU Harness - Check (however considering just adding the needed wires in my 3B harness, seems a bit easier).

034motorsport High Output Coil Kit - Check

SCAT Rods - Need it from 034motorsport

RS2 crank shaft bearings - Need it from Audi

Rs2 rods bearings - Already installed, perhaps new ones would be smart?

Pistons rings - I got good compression but I guess I would be smart to get new ones.

Wagner RS2 Evo intercooler - Need it

Garret GT3071R with A/R 0.63 - Need it.
                        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• id definitelly go with the GT3071R with .82AR or GT3076R with .63AR for 400+.Dont do the same mistake as i did.I might be 400 right now,but since you can get the bigger turbo with the same money,dont stop there.Just get the 3076 and use less boost....

Dmn...i should have done that!grrrr

Comment

• There have been issues with crank shaft bearings from Audi coming all scuffed and knackered get them from Glyco or better yet Aelred.

Rods make sure they are within each other for weight. Consider Pauters as well they are simply awesome rods.

I'd add compression dropping head gasket if your running standard pistons

Injectors 034 have good ones, porsche orange tops or RC injectors make sure you over spec them incase you go for more HP later.

Comment

• Papvas:
                              The GT3071R, what is the spool up with 0.82AR compared to the RS2 turbo? Because I really dont want more lag, since I dont use the car for 1/4 mile I want it to be driveable.

I was considering the GT3071R because 034motorsport makes it as a kit so will bolt onto stock downpipe location and stock EM location. I don't want to start welding new stuff, so I'm looking at bolt on upgrades, and the GT3071R would fit me 3" downpipe and my RS2 Evo with K26 flange. Is it possible to get the GT3076R so that it will fit K26 flange and stock downpipe?

Jamo:
                              What price is the crank shaft bearings from Clyco or Aelred?

Got a link for the Pauters?

What compression would I be looking at or could two RS2 head gasket do the trick?
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Get the 3071 with a .63 it's tried and trusted and nearly all installs are good. If you car is an everyday car then I can't see you wanting more power or more lag

Ask Aron for advice he's had the bigger turbo and now has gone for the 3071 with a .63

If you are going to change from that then get the 3076r with .63 not a 3071 with a .82

All the garret turbo's can fit a K26 manifold with the K26 hotside from ATP / 034

Aelred sells the Main bearing and rod bearings for £180 IIRC

You can use stock compression just be careful as Faheemo and a few others have melted pistons going to 2 bar!

Comment

Working...
                                X