Project 450 - Will it be enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi MattS2,

I bought the sportscat from www.nordicturbo.dk and I paid 120£ for it. I then got it custommade with 3" V-band flange.

However I'am not using the sportscat, I only have it for the MOT

I didnot use the injectors because I had some problems fitting them and then I just bought RS2 injectors instead. Later I discovered that you simply dont use one of the mounting points on the injector.

Cheers

Jonas
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Thanks Jonas.

Interesting point with the injectors, I will have to remember that.

Matt.
      Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
      2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
      2003 A6 Avant Tdi
      Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
      2004 VW Caddy SDi
      2002 Civic Type R

Comment

• Ohh happy day ohh happy day

Just passed the MOT with no errors

So now I got 2 more years.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Tuning session

Iam booked in for a remap on saturday in Sweden.

Fingers crossed all goes well
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Update

Wastegate is on the way back from Turbocenter stockholm.

Booked in for mapning of the pressure

Iam considering getting a Wagner Exhaust manifold, is there any gain in this compared to the RS2 manifold if you a remap afterwards?

/Jonas R.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Some pictures of the wastegate back from Turbocenter Stockholm. Ended up paying 330 euro for renovation and porting of the wastegate.

Couple of shots of the wastegate:

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Ordered a couple of things:

3.5 bar mapsensor from Zeitronix - So that I can log the boost.

Uprated coil from 034motorsport.com to see if this helps avoid spark hop - http://www.034motorsport.com/product...roducts_id=277

A set of tyre pressure sensors with reciever from Waeco together with a PCB and PIC from Robby from mp3car.com.
                Iam running centrafuse and they have a plugin so with the sensor, part of the the reciever module and Robby's USB reciever module, I can monitor the tyre pressure on the car. More info and pictures as this project comes along
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• hey jonas,wouldnt it have come cheaper or at least the same price but better overall if you had bought the wastegate Tial from 034?I dont think it is too much over 330euros...

Comment

• It is close it is 368 euro but then you have to add shipping with is like 60$ and then there is the chance that it is taken in customs. Then I have to pay 25% + 5% VAT and tax. So then it will be rather expensive.

But I guess you are right, it would properly have been a better solution, but to late know
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                      A set of tyre pressure sensors with reciever from Waeco together with a PCB and PIC from Robby from mp3car.com.
                      Iam running centrafuse and they have a plugin so with the sensor, part of the the reciever module and Robby's USB reciever module, I can monitor the tyre pressure on the car. More info and pictures as this project comes along
                      really looking forward to hearing more about this, i've been looking for a system like this for a while.

Will you be able to do some sort of how's 2?

Comment

• Yeah I should be able to do a how to, but this ofcourse requires a computer of some sort.
                        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Ok well if you could put how you've done it and what you've used it would be a bonus, i'm fed up worrying about if the tyres have something wrong on my 19's.

Btw I was looking into tvr's as one of them had it as an option and was trying to sort out if it could be fitted to an s2

Comment

• Cruise control installed

Finally got the last wires for the cruise control done.

Very nice to have I must say Used a computer Molex connector for the wiring loom.

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Installing the Autospeed waterinjection

First off I mounted a new pump in my washer tank where the pump for the headlight washer had been before:

Next off I installed the ambienter temp sensor where the cars own temp sensor is for the aircon I believe. Also installed a temp sensor in the ribbens of the intercooler:

Next of I had to do the wiring loom, decided to use an org. Audi Relay and place it in the original holder under the dashboard:

The nozzles mounted under the bumper just by the numberplate:

Couple of shots of the from, as you can see the nozzle are hidden, however they seem to be dripping a bit. So I need to get a solonoid valve and mount it together with the pump, so it opens when the pump starts

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• wow, that is just a good idea. Gives me inspiration.....

Comment

Working...
                                X