No announcement yet.

Project 450 - Will it be enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reading your thread have you got a RS2 turbo already?

If so I would not change the turbo and do the engine work with the rods and then get a remap / MRC or Homefry generic RS2 map and then unleash the full torque of the RS2 turbo.

If it's not to your liking then look at the garrett turbo.

Good as the 3071r is the RS2 kills it in the torque department but the trade off is the 3071 has a better spool and has a high BHP output.

http://www.pauter.com/

I believe Aelred again can get them

Comment

• Yeah already running the RS2 turbo

But perhaps you right in just getting the engine upgrades, and then see how much power I can get with the Wagner Evo RS2 IC and EM combined with AAN ECU.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• i have around 4000rpm full boost on 2nd gear and then at around 3700-3800 on all other gears with GT3071R .63AR and RS2 manifold.
        You might have a bit more lag with the RS2 evo manifold but really not noticable.
        The thing is that with the garretts being so freereving turbos,they are cabable to have less lag,but if you dont do a proper headporting and maybe 7A cam or something else,as well as less backpressure as possible.Otherwise you will get surging which you will have to cure with delaying the boost.

For example if i go WOT on 2500rpm on 4th gear and wait for the full boost,it will come on 3700rpm but i will have some surge there(needle on boost gauge down 1-2 bounces).

If i go WOT @ 3500rpm i will probably get less or no surge.But my remap is done so that it is purposly delayed on boost to avoid the surge as much as possible.

If you had the GT3071R with .82AR you may have less backpressure,so you may end up with same effect as mine but with much less or no surge.

IMO do what jamo said.Go for the GT3076R with the .63AR if you are to change the turbo.You will reach 400+hp much more easily than pushing the 3071R for the same amount of hp.

Also you should know that the garretts can easily reach 2.5bar according to their maps.The RS2 turbo can safely reach 1.8bar.it can go more,but the turbo will wear out faster.
        So me running the 3071R @ 2bar overboost,im keeping it alive and also not ruinning its life.

The 3071R gives a lot of torgue as well,i had 52Kg @ the wheels on 1.9bar on rototest which is pretty nice kick!

Comment

• Papvas I don't know why your 3071r boost so late, every other install and car i've been in has full boost between 3000-3300 rpm it's very strange

Comment

• it could be made to boost that low on mine as well.But then the surging would be very very high,and on all gears.I didnt want something like that to wear out the turbo,so as we discussed that with erdal,we said it is best to leave it a bit later.

3000-3300 you mean on higher gears?If so on 2nd and 3d for example it must be around 3500rpm then.
            Not a hell of a difference so you can get away with less surge.

In how many I5 engines have you been with this setup?
            Ross' car is one but his lag wasnt far off mine.I can imagine that after i use the 7Acam and get a remap,i might even stay on the same lag as well.

All 4cyl 1.8T engines may also have the same lag as mine,although 1 cyl less,because of there 5valve/cyl + cams

Comment

• Anybody got a good suggestion how I can drive my car 200 km with my RS2 setup and stock AAN ecu and chips?

Is there a generic RS2 chipset out there for a RS2'ed AAN? Cuz I dont have the cams so I dont want to run stock RS2 chips.

I could of course put it on a trailer but this requires a special drivers license in Denmark, which I dont have
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• S2central and MRC sell generic chips. IMO get the MRC high boost chips they work with stock cams I believe,

If you need to drive the car on a standard map and injectors with an RS2 turbo then I would suggest disconnecting the WGFV so you only get 0.4 bar of boost and don't go around heavy accelerating the car.

Comment

• Problems is that I need to drive the car with RS2 injectors and 4 bar FPR, so I'm worried about it running very rich is I use stock AAN map

The boost is not a problem, I got a boost gauge so I'm not worried about that

Ofcourse I dont want to pay much more then 40-50£ for the chip, much more then that and I might as well put it on a trailer

The only reason why I'm not using stock RS2 chips is that I think I will have problems with the timing duo to the different cams in the RS2.
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Couple resent photos

Took a couple of shots after I cleaned the car:

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Time to install the Wagner EVO RS Manifold

So started this morning to install my Wagner RS2 EVO manifold:

This is how it look this morning:

Wagner EVO RS manifold:

Airbox is coming off:

Wastegate comes off, lots more room now.

Crap that that needs to be install again at some point

Turbo's off - Lots of coolant all over the place, glad I have lots of toilet paper.

So started to remove the old RS2 manifold, however I'm a bit stuck on how the hell I get the middle lower left nut off - the one directly above the water hose to the turbo water outlet.

Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Looking very " Stealth"

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm not sure about the nut as another forum members got the same problem but think he's taking the head off so it will help him, can't you get a spanner on or is there no room.

btw love the pictures of your car, first time I saw it and the rear lights/front bumper combo suit it, just need some rs2 mirrors now

Comment

• I murdered a 12 spanner with my angle grinder
                            But there is really not that much room, but the head is definitely not coming off. Think I will to remove the water hose, that should give a bit more room and hopefully I can get that damn nut off.

Don't know about the RS2 mirrors I kinda like the normal ones, however I'm going to paint my rear bumper like this again:
                            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• If you think it's hard taking it of wait until you put the Wagner on, there are 2 bottom nuts I did on mine whilst the new engine is out and I was thinking they are going to be a b*tch to do on a incar engine!

looks like your making good progress

Comment

• Actually it is much easier installing the Wagner manifold, due to the fact that he has much more clearing around the nuts then the RS2 manifold. This clearence made it very easy to install the manifold.

Only problem now is that audi forgot to give me the studs that are used to secure the turbo, so guess I will have to wait with the fitting of the turbo.

One strange thing was that there were no washer on the manifold, however now I installed it with the thick washers. However the to bottom middle studs was installed without the washer since there was to little thread.
                                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Working...
                                X