No announcement yet.

Project 450 - Will it be enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, is that a replacement rs2 or different now?

Btw what exhaust you got on yours?

Comment

The replacement is also an RS2 item, since Iam only boosting 1.6 bar The rs2 item seem just fine to my setup Iam aiming at 360-380 HP and 500 Nm

The exhaust system is 3" turbo back system from 034 motorsport which I bought from Corey at Quattrotronics Sound is really nice and so is the finish.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Ah cool, it looked like a 034 one, what was the fit like as i've heard 3" sometimes rubs over the driveshaft at rear and my standard one currently does.

If you get a chance could you do a small video of what it sounds like as i'm seriously tempted to go for one once i get to that stage and have not heard what they sound like.

Comment

Well,

I had some fitment issues over the rear axle. This might be because my car is lowered 50 mm in the back. But I had to press the pipe a bit flat just over the rear axle, and I also had to weld on a nother bracket. But besides that it was easy to fit

I will try to do a video sometime next week

Cheers

Jonas
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Ok thankyou, look forward to hearing it and thanks for the info about the clearence as i'm contemplating lowering my car slightly and it rubs the standard exhaust at present so this will be done rather soon at this rate.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your turbo woes
              good to hear your back on the road.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                Ok thankyou, look forward to hearing it and thanks for the info about the clearence as i'm contemplating lowering my car slightly and it rubs the standard exhaust at present so this will be done rather soon at this rate.
                One way around the 3" exhaust clearance issue is to space the subframe down, we do a rear alloy subframe bush kit that drops it down to aid clearance.
                Corey
                01636 822288

Comment

Yeah glad you have it all sorted now, what was the turbo fitted before?
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

RS2 turbo, brand new but as you can see the axle broke while it was being mapped at 1.6 bar
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey View Post
                      One way around the 3" exhaust clearance issue is to space the subframe down, we do a rear alloy subframe bush kit that drops it down to aid clearance.
                      Ok that gives me another option as I planned on coming up and getting alloy subframe bushes from you sometime soon, picking up new subframes at the end of the month. Is there much difference in price and does it make any radical changes to the way the car handles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                        Ok that gives me another option as I planned on coming up and getting alloy subframe bushes from you sometime soon, picking up new subframes at the end of the month. Is there much difference in price and does it make any radical changes to the way the car handles?
                        PM sent so as not to highjack jonus's thread.
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

• More news and updates

Well the new RS2 turbo is fitted.

The new RS2 maf-turbo hose is fitted - thanks Papvas for the fast delivery. Also it fits way better with RS2 airbox then the standard 3B Maf-turbo hose.

Also I re-fitted my forge valve since the bailey DV was leaking, so I think it was the one to blame for the turbo failure.

Anyhow I also got an apointment with a tuning company closer to me that could check if the car was fueling ok, but before I went there i discovered that the lambda was rather fooked. I guess the hotside wheel and the axle from the turbo killed it

At the tuning/mapping session we found out that the car was fueling just fine, however the cat did not make it. I guess it was to much oil in the exhaust after the turbo failure that killed it.
                          At the same time I got the car dynoed, and this was with a broken/collapsed cat:

First run it had 323 hp and 470 Nm but the car was reluctant to take revs because of the collapsed cat.

Send run got me 330HP and 447 Nm, still problems with the high revs.

However now I plan to run with out a cat, so I bought some V-band clamps and a 400 cell sportscat that I can use for the Mot. I friend of mine is going to cut the old one away, then insert a pipe instead and make it so that I can exchange the pipe with the cat:

After this is done I will go and get the car dynoed again and check the fueling, timing etc. is ok. However Iam a bit worried since the car is peaking 1.8 bar boost in second gear.
                          Third and fourth gear is about 1.7 bar peaking, so I need to recheck with tuner to see if this is ok or not.

Well no more updates for now.

Cheers

Jonas
                          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• New boost gauge and EGT from VDO

Hi,

Just got my VDO gauges a boost gauges and EGT gauge. Sorry for the bad picture took the with my phone. And a big thanks to NoNonsense for the help

Also bought new mounts for the rear diff and the gearbox, so looking forward to getting this change.

Also I bought the airduct that the RS2 used to feed air from the right elipsoid to the airbox.

Somehow I also won an auction on ebay for a RS2 speedometer It is fitted now, I guess next thing will be a shot where the needle is at 300

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=004

Cheers

Jonas
                            Last edited by Jonas_R; 20 November 2007, 20:00.
                            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Picture of RS2 instrument cluster

Here is a pic of my RS2 instruments cluster, looks nice in white.

Last edited by Jonas_R; 18 September 2010, 23:09.
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• i wanted to do that as well but it is not easy and often there is a chance that the tooth counter can brake

Comment

Working...
                                X