Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      Correct. They are no longer needed.
      Thank you Dave, been really helping me out. Honestly thank you.

Comment

Always happy to help
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hey guys n gals! So I have been extremely busy again.

This time creating an intake modification to superseed the rs2 airbox option (i have aby airbox)

Air intake mod, made from subwoofer flare, lol. Non conductive for heat.. heard rs2 airbox is same filter size as mine, but bigger intake hole. So ive custom built this, and increased the vent size on car (not in photos). This improves midrange grunt and response and louder.. also i noticed someone had already drilled holes in box for extra air n sound.. i sanded it down also for smooth airflow..
          i sanded down the flare also and anything not smooth for airflow.

I used silicone sealant to adhire the surfaces together along with slotting it together. I will use black duct tape to connect the actual 2 holes together inside the flow tube. I will be careful to create a nice professional look and smooth flow

i really really hope i can make over 300bhp...thats my goal.. 2.5 inch exhaust is confirmed on car so cant go to 3inch atm..

Also this is slot to fit, so i can keep parts oem.
          Attached Files

Comment

This subwoofer part can be bought off ebay, its 4inch which married up nicely to around 100mm for the inner.
            Here are the woofer dimensions, i had to cut it down to the right length size, think 50mm ish and 1 bracket on it to fit the slot.

K-34 4 Inch Bass Port Tubes

Features:
            • A flanged Bass Port Tube
            • Inner diameter - 100mm
            • Length - 100mm
            • Outer flange outside diameter - 160mm (wow omg!!! Get that air!!) :-)
            • Cutout hole - 145mm
            Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to upload last weeks parts, i managed to get to the painting stage , i fluffed it up a little n since ive been gone , my mate sprayed my wheels for me.. they are in white now and lacquered up. Airguns are so much better than aeresols!!

(Cant spell)
              Also improved aux rad mod, with a silcone pipe of 25mm inner diameter off ebay for £6ish, also using the 7a pipe i fitted this too. I am now also attempting to get the small dents out off the left wing and renew both rear track rod end bushes, bought them off ebay for like £4, i bought 2 sets as unsure of size, i bought medium and small set. Will let you know findings
              Attached Files

Comment

You’ve been busy with your S2 Chris!!! End result will be good am sure

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                  You’ve been busy with your S2 Chris!!! End result will be good am sure
                  Thank you buddy!! Lots more in future also, its almost ready for Nurburgring ring trip. X yep im recovering from slight lower back ache.. but yep hard work. Takes so much time!

Thank you buddy!

Comment

Hey guys I am after one of these, as one of mine has fallen off, the rubber end. These are important at fast speed or else your bonnet will bounce up and down. Does any one have one spare? Or know where I can grab one pls?

Thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

Im exploring the intake option and adhiring this and moulding the difference in parts together, been using black sealand, but feel this isnt working. I am now going to use this mouldable glue called sugru.. and ordered it
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                        Hey guys I am after one of these, as one of mine has fallen off, the rubber end. These are important at fast speed or else your bonnet will bounce up and down. Does any one have one spare? Or know where I can grab one pls?

Thank you
                        I have a couple of spares. Send me a PM
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Chris,

I quite like your designated velocity-stack transplant (and agree it will improve the audio with applied pedal!), however a couple of points (that you may already know!):

a) As any trace of silicone in the intake tract (whether in spray or sealant (apparently even after curing, unless certified sensor-safe) will be picked-up, travel and work to contaminate your o2 sensor, it should all be scrupulously removed prior:

Warning from the SAE back in 1986:
                          https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...30#post2087630

b) You may have recognized that an adhesive which cures hard with sufficient strength, and is sand-able / grind-able (such as an epoxy) may be more easily re-finished to the surface quality you seek, if you want to then blend those inner surfaces together smoothly.

c) Plugging all those extra drilled (warm-air intake!) holes (save for the small original drain IIRC) and re-installation of the foam sealing ring behind the V-stack will restore the original design intent of the headlight bucket air seal; and then allow any ram effect that occurs to accrue and be passed on to better effect. My OEM foam ring was crisp and crumbly, so instead I used a soft black foam toilet to floor seal (no sheet!), cut and trimmed on a tangent from ID to OD, to size and then closed perfectly around the installed neck of the stack.

Question: I've always wondered if the turbo filter-boxes contained a V-stack at their exit into the MAF body. If yours does, if it's not too much trouble, perhaps you could post a photo which showed off its' detail (it may be all black and perhaps hard to capture well) please and thank you.

Comment

As I recall there is no V in the maf output.

From a previous RS2/S2 airbox comparison thread

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            As well as the input pipe size, the flow through the filter in the ABY airbox is somewhat restricted by the proximity of the lid, in the RS2 airbox the filter is mounted lower, ie. the lid is deeper and the base is shorter, to give better flow. If you look in my coupe thread (link in my sig) there are some comparison pictures.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks John,

I'll go take a look for those sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I have a couple of spares. Send me a PM
                                Huge thank you Dave! Ahh i should have waited!!
                                i bought one off ebay in the rush! Thank you bud!

Comment

Working...
                                X