Clear All

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    I will see if it's left a mark
    I have a smaller one on the Nothelle and it looks quite good

Leave a comment:

• B5NUT
    replied
    Are you going to remove the quattro badge on the front grill? Never understood why people need to stick extra badges on cars. If you don't know what an S2 is the quattro badge is not going to help either.

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by 3BG View Post
    How do you break a throttle pedal ?
    Just about anything on a car is in someway breakable, trust me I have to deal with stuff like that all the time.

Looking great Dave, you'll be on the road in no time.

The weathers still lovely here this morning but that is apparently set to change later as you say, I do hope we get some more spring, it's been lovely so far.

Leave a comment:

• david1980
    replied
    Great progress and these tips will help loads with mine.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Put her back in bed as the weather is changing tomorrow.
    Just waiting for door cards and headliner, put the bumper on and then I can book her for an mot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    The cover comes off. It’s a well known problem.

Leave a comment:

• 3BG
    replied
    How do you break a throttle pedal ?

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    The internal trims were very grubby.

Gave them a good scrub in warm soapy water then left to dry in the sun.
    Then got a good coat of autoglym plastic protection.

Then onto the alarm box. Traced wires back to this. I removed all the cut ins and made good.

Also changed the throttle pedal which was broken for a good spare I had.

Leave a comment:

• Nuvo
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    These are original oe Sachs/BOGE unit with the Audi rings ground off. Buycarspares2 are selling them on eBay for £52 delivered. Bit if a bargain me thinks.
    You did well there, Tradition currently list them for €202.24 if you want to retain the precious Audi rings on the cylinder body.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    No sign of damage there. I think it's just ripples in the seam sealer.

Leave a comment:

• K Simmonds
    replied
    As above, that's not factory, almost certainly aftermarket immobiliser and/or alarm sabotage.

I like your idea for keeping the piston retained under vacuum on the slave, I'm going to make a bung and add to my my home made tools draw.

It could just be the epoxy paint, however it looks the bottom nearside rear corner of the car has a light tap, is there any sign of damage on the outside?

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    That doesn't look factory, immobiliser?

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Today was a good day.
    I fixed my lights.
    I removed the plug behind the steering wheel and tested the wires using an external battery and a meter. Everything was good until I got to the lights. Both dipped beam bulbs had blown. Interesting.

Rust in boot has now had two coats of epoxy and some green to make it look half decent.

Now this afternoon I’ve got this to sort out. I think it’s the central locking box?
    Anyone see one before?

And mow the lawn

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Thanks Steve. Handy to know.

My slave arrived. These are original oe Sachs/BOGE unit with the Audi rings ground off. Buycarspares2 are selling them on eBay for £52 delivered. Bit if a bargain me thinks.

Now, there is a guide here for doing the slave so I’m not going to bore you with the process. However, the difficult part is getting the new slave in as you are working against a strong spring which you have to push in at the same time as locating the retaining bolt. I have discovered a little trick that makes this job a doddle.
    Put some brake fluid in the new slave. Now make up a sealed fitting to go in the hose aperture. Compress the spring fully and hold it. Do up the fitting and the vacuum holds the rod in the slave. Now really easy to fit.

Bleeding can be a pain with these but this pressure bleeder seems to do the job first time with no issues. Happy days. Job done in just over an hour.

Old original Audi slave next to the new one.

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 26 March 2022, 12:41. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    Re the trim clips: they are called starlock washers and, for the price and ease of availability; i chop them off and replace with new - saves a LOT of effort!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X