A little something to keep me busy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
    Those wings look great, whats the colour match like? From the little bit of the door I can see it looks spot on…

Rob having those Cat’s is a result as well.
    The match isn't bad at all but I bought a big batch of paint, enough to do all the other bits so it will all be the same in the end.
    Yes, Rob is a real gent letting them go
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Epic work bud if I come into a nice wad of cash I'll book mine in,

Comment

• Wings went straight on.

All the screws have been replaced with stainless where possible.

The inner lines got scrubbed.

And fitted

Then the front bumper got a scrub and then fitted.

One
        Of the side indicators needs a repair.
        I struggled to get any glue I had to hold so used solvent weld plumbers glue. Seems to have worked.

And this indicator has lost it orange so was replaced with a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• If you are doing this job, don't forget to fit the little under light trim holders on the ends of the wings BEFORE you fit the bumper
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• So, with the car pretty much together apart from the cats I decided to “fire up the Quattro “
            It didn't take long for the petrol to reach the engine and she fired up.

I drove her out of the garage and frantically started searching the engine bay for leaks. Nothing at all! I was just getting relaxed when I smelt petrol. A quick look underneath and there was a drip from the fuel lines at the front of the car. Quickly back on the ramp and switch off.

Luckily I can get to these by just undoing one side of the heat shield. The return line just needed nipping up a little and we are good.

Then onto coolant. I ran her up to temp and hopefully the system cleaner has done its job.
            I then discovered that the bumper needed to come off again to drain the coolant. Bang head against wall. At least it's really easy on this car.

More water ended up on the garage floor than in the tub.

I then replaced the coolant bottle with a new one and filled her up 50/50 water coolant.

Then onto the undertray. It's in a poor state with all the retainers missing and quite a bit of damage.
            It got fixed and luckily I had some new old stock retailers knocking about (as you do).

I'm not fitting it just yet. I will change the oil after the mot.

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 23 October 2022, 19:28. Reason: Typos
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Must be close to the finish line now. Anything to do on the interior?

Comment

• Interior isn't bad at all. Paint work needs sorting but owner is going to get that done.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• What's the coolant additive?
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Looks great Dave, I may have to offer you some beer tokens to come and give me a hand with my RS2 next year, I'm not familiar with some of the products you've used and they look to do a better job than some of the trade only stuff we use at work, though I guess a lot of that is down to prep.

Not getting much done at the moment due to my left arm and still waiting to get a lift...

On a totally unrelated note that dart board on the back of your garage door has to the most worn I've ever seen, did it come from a pub?
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                      What's the coolant additive?
                      Pink G12 vag spec.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                        Looks great Dave, I may have to offer you some beer tokens to come and give me a hand with my RS2 next year, I'm not familiar with some of the products you've used and they look to do a better job than some of the trade only stuff we use at work, though I guess a lot of that is down to prep.

Not getting much done at the moment due to my left arm and still waiting to get a lift...

On a totally unrelated note that dart board on the back of your garage door has to the most worn I've ever seen, did it come from a pub?
                        Happy to help any way I can.

No, the dart board was from my parents house and well used by me and my two brothers as we grew up (without computers, ds, ipods, x box etc and only kids tv Saturday mornings!!!).
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Just done the tracking front and rear to my “get me to the garage standard”.
                          Mind, last time I did it this way, I got it more or less spot on.
                          Basically make two constant, level points front and rear of tyres that you can measure from. Good guides on the interweb for converting mm/16th inch into degrees.
                          I've set as per Haynes for two wheel drive car which is toe in front and rear with slightly less rear. Reading on Forum, several different options and values are given so I will leave it to the owner to decide which way to go.

Despite measuring tie rods and putting it back as it was, the front was way out.
                          Rear also needed quite a lot of adjustment to get right. This was to be expected at the back because everything is new there.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Cheers Dave, much appreciated...

When one feels low a lot of the time simply having someone to work with can make a massive difference. Anyway as I said I'm still resting my arm and waiting to get a lift, now my fathers had his operation we can start thinking about getting something. It's tight for clearance roof wise so am looking at the mobile one's, want to get something rated up to 3.5 ton's so I can be sure I'm totally safe under big old cars like C4's and an RS2 isn't exactly light weight.

Yeah, I'm a bit younger than you and grew up in the 80's but still remember Saturday morning kids TV, which in hindsight was dreadful though probably better than what's on now. I fear for kids today, they don't get to go outside and explore nature like we used to, we spent all our time in the summer constructing dams in the village stream.

Tracking wise I always like to have cars set up with close to as much negative camber as possible within tolerances and the same each side, toe wants to be as close to the factory specs as you can get. though I've never set up a C4 so will be interested to see what figures you end up with once it's been on the gauges.

Comment

• I have the autodata alignment values if you need.
                              Rob..
                              94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                              87 UR 20v ABY
                              97 S6 Avant
                              96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                              1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                                I have the autodata alignment values if you need.
                                I'd really appreciate that info if possible please Rob as I'm halfway through rebuilding the suspension on mine, it's getting the sports suspension off my 30V so should be the same as a URS6 or at least very close.

Comment

Working...
                                X